Saturday, July 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Why Superman Needs His Red Shorts Back

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:22 am

dairydead wrote:its always good for a chuckle or two when a non artist or designer feels as though they can have some sort of educated, definitive opinion on art and design. :lol:

To be fair, you don't need to be an artist or designer to have an opinion on how something looks.

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:17 am

dairydead wrote:its always good for a chuckle or two when a non artist or designer feels as though they can have some sort of educated, definitive opinion on art and design. :lol:

why shouldn't they? If you're a commercial artist then your audience will largely be non artists, if they don't like it then you haven't done your job well.

Herald

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby Herald » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:13 am

On that note, nobody should criticize the President of the U.S. unless they have also been President. And nobody should criticize poorly-made food (including refusing to eat it!) unless they are professional chefs. :roll:

"There is a common misconception among fans and people having worked in a particular field that non-experts are not qualified to comment on their work. While it helps to have some background information or experience, it is certainly not required. It doesn't take a carpenter to recognize a poorly-made table, after all. (Helpful hint: If a table spontaneously falls apart, things probably didn't go according to procedure.)"

8)

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Yeah...

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:55 pm

nietoperz wrote:
To be fair, you don't need to be an artist or designer to have an opinion on how something looks.

When it comes to art is always better to have at least some fundamental notions about it. You can acquire them either by doin art yourself or by studying art and the history of artistic movements. Our goal is an informed opinion, after all, isn't it?

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:37 pm

nietoperz wrote:

You're more than welcome to dislike a design from a personal standpoint, but when non-artists sit there and try to deduce why these designs are poor as though they have some definitive proof , it usually comes off as pretty silly and ignorant[code][/code]

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm

dairydead wrote:
You're more than welcome to dislike a design from a personal standpoint, but when non-artists sit there and try to deduce why these designs are poor as though they have some definitive proof , it usually comes off as pretty silly and ignorant[code][/code]

I can agree with this.

I have no idea how to design a uniform but I can look at the finished product and say whether it looks good or not.

Just like I can eat meal and dislike it even if I don't know how to improve the recipe to make it better.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:49 pm

Good thing I can draw. And I cook too!
I think I'm ready to be the king of the world.

SuperginraiX

Outhouse Editor

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:34 am

Juan Cena wrote:I see a more basketball players wearing tights under their shorts this season, it seems. Watching a couple on the Wisconsin team wearing them.

If Superman played basketball, your design would be perfect.

Well, he'd have to drop that cape. And replace the "S" with a number.

A "2" might work.

2uperman would be the best basketball player ever. His air dunks would be incredible.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:52 pm

Underwear . Always a controversial topic.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:27 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:If Superman played basketball, your design would be perfect.

Well, he'd have to drop that cape. And replace the "S" with a number.

A "2" might work.

2uperman would be the best basketball player ever. His air dunks would be incredible.

So you're a Johnny Football fan? Who Knew!

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 pm

I have no idea who Johnny Football is...

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Juan Cena wrote:
So you're a Johnny Football fan? Who Knew!

At least Johnny Football has the decency to wear his trunks on the inside like the rest of us, here on planet Earth.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:33 pm

The Beast wrote:
At least Johnny Football has the decency to wear his trunks on the inside like the rest of us, here on planet Earth.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:35 pm

Arion wrote:I have no idea who Johnny Football is...

leave a comment with facebook