Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Why Superman Needs His Red Shorts Back

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Royal Nonesuch

Staff Writer

Postby Royal Nonesuch » Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:55 pm

The red shorts should definitely come back. The current suit looks terrible.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:58 pm

Timbales wrote:When those athletes start wearing a speedo over their tights, you'll have a valid argument.

I'd kinda like to see that.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:29 pm

This would be better (minus the unnecessary lines). I like the way the cap attaches to his symbol.

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Arion wrote:
I'd kinda like to see that.

So would Nacireman :groucho:

DMM

Rain Partier

Postby DMM » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Punchy wrote:I think he should be wearing the jeans and t-shirt look in every title.

I concur.

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Probably not the impression he was aiming for, but I can picture Nac bumping "i like short shorts" while writing this :P

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:36 pm

Dragavon wrote:This would be better (minus the unnecessary lines). I like the way the cap attaches to his symbol.

My problem with this (and the current K-Armor) is that it really seems too "formal." It looks like something an alien ambassador would wear, not a guy who goes out and fights monsters and criminals. It doesn't say that Supes is someone who gets physical and hands on in a fight.

In a way it's the opposite of the problem with the jeans & t-shirt, which is too "dressed down." It works good if Supes was out on the streets fighting against drug dealers, companies that pollute, slum lords, Mitt Romney, etc. (Which is how it was explained at the time). But it works even less when Supes fights against Brainiac or demons and the like.

Lord Ice

Motherfucker from Hell

Postby Lord Ice » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:56 pm

:wink:

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 pm

Lord Ice wrote:Image
:wink:

Enough proof any Superman costume with gratuitous lines on it looks bad.

BTW: It that Colin Cowherd? :smt017

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:08 am

You guys should all go on Project Runway.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:53 am

I don't think it's possible for me to care less about something than Supermans uniform.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:58 am

Jubilee wrote:I don't think it's possible for me to care less about something than Supermans uniform.

Obviously you must care on some level. Otherwise, why would you want your opinion on the subject known?

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:01 am

I like this one:

Swap the Gold S with a Gold S Shield with a red background and it would be perfect.

S2.jpg

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 am

Timbales wrote:I like this one:

Swap the Gold S with a Gold S Shield with a red background and it would be perfect.

S2.jpg

I like that design too, but the \S/ has to be red with yellow negative space or else all the old merch is obsolete.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:52 am

Timbales wrote:I like this one:

S2.jpg

I don't think I've seen any of these alternate unis that says this guy can bend steel in his bare hands.The classic suit does. The jeans & t-shirt does. This doesn't.

leave a comment with facebook