Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "For when life fails you."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Why Superman Needs His Red Shorts Back

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

mrorangesoda

FROGMAN

Postby mrorangesoda » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:58 am

The Nacireman wrote:
I don't think I've seen any of these alternate unis that says this guy can bend steel in his bare hands.The classic suit does. The jeans & t-shirt does. This doesn't.

ITT Nacireman sounds like a hollywood executive.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:19 am

The Nacireman wrote:
I don't think I've seen any of these alternate unis that says this guy can bend steel in his bare hands.The classic suit does. The jeans & t-shirt does. This doesn't.

That's just ridiculous! :lol:

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:53 am

Dragavon wrote:That's just ridiculous! :lol:

Not really, let's look at this.

Okay, first I'll say this, All the red in the shoulders does manage to put more focus on the chest and shoulder area, and hides the near lack of design below. That said, the collar looks too formal. It might work better as a mock-neck than with the current collar.

There's a lot of officer's "dress blue" quality to this, to use a military term. It's very formal. Supes' uni needs to have more of an "let's get to work" quality. Collar should be more open. The cape needs to look a little more like Supes is more a Roman or Greek commander out in the field than a nobleman in the capital, where's you really would need a cape/cloak for protection against the elements.

Still, there's not a lot that shouts "Superman." Classic Supes uni has a real quality that he's willing to get physical. There's not a lot intimidating with this one.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:24 pm

mrorangesoda wrote:
So would Nacireman :groucho:

Really?

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
I like that design too, but the \S/ has to be red with yellow negative space or else all the old merch is obsolete.

I don't think so, they do the logo in all sorts of colors.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 pm

Timbales wrote:

Heck, I haven't seen a single thing yet in Walmart with NuSupes on it. No toys, no t-shirts, nothing.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:04 pm

I want a really sexy outfit.
Tim, do you think you can help with that?

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:12 pm

Arion wrote:I want a really sexy outfit.
Tim, do you think you can help with that?

maybe :twisted:

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Timbales wrote:
maybe :twisted:

Excellent!

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:09 am

Timbales wrote:

Sure they have variants, I guess merch was a poor choice of words. I should have said old marketing, specifically all the time spent branding a big red \S/ on yellow. But sure that could be thrown out too I guess but then my biggest gripe would be the positive space should be more saturated than the negative space to make the \S/ pop.

I really like that design you posted though, I think all it needs is a yellow border around a red \S/ with yellow negative space.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 pm

The fashion industry will never take over the comic book industry!

Or did that just happen here?

Timbales

Fisty McDigger

Postby Timbales » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:09 am

I think the gold shield against the red brings more attention to the upper body without feeling too top-heavy.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:04 pm

By the way, I like your new avatar Tim.

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:33 pm

Timbales wrote:I think the gold shield against the red brings more attention to the upper body without feeling too top-heavy.

Which is good, because there's no real design in from the chest down.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 pm

No.

leave a comment with facebook