Advertisement

will.I.am Breaks Down Barriers Between Wizards and Robots in IDW's Wizards and Robots

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts

will.I.am Breaks Down Barriers Between Wizards and Robots in IDW's Wizards and Robots

Postby LOLtron » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:17 pm

The Grammy Award winning artist brings robots and wizards together in a one-shot comic from IDW this summer!

Source: Press Release

There are plenty of comics about wizards. There are plenty of comics about robots. But how many comics are there about both wizards and robots? A question like that could take literally minutes of google searching to answer, and we don't have time for that. Instead, we're going to assume the answer is none, which is why we're so glad to hear about IDW's new comic, out this summer: Wizards and Robots by Black Eyed Peas star will.I.am and Brian David Johnson (fun fact: if distributed evenly, both writers have an appropriate number of first and last names). Art chores will be handled by Adam Archer.

IDW's press release describes the premise thusly:

When an army of futuristic robots journeys through time and space in search of ancient, powerful wizards, the fate of the world will hang in the balance, and a wealth of volatile secrets will be uncovered!

The Outhouse reached out to noted wizard Alan Moore for comment on the series, but the V for Vendetta writer disavowed having anything to do with the series. When we explained that we knew that and weren't implying otherwise, Moore accused IDW of strip mining his old ideas for new material and called everyone in the comics industry talentless copycats. When Moore began chucking unopened Watchmen toasters at our head, we knew it was time to go.

Next we asked prominent comics industry robot John Romita Jr. for his perspective, but, shockingly, the popular artist revealed that he was in fact a human being, and it is only his modern artwork that is lifeless and mechanical.

The 48 page Wizards and Robots will be in stores in July. Here's the press release:

IDW Teams up with will.i.am for WIZARDS & ROBOTS!

The explosive one-shot hits stand this July!

San Diego, CA (April 16, 2013) – IDW Publishing has teamed up with Grammy Award Winning musician will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas and noted futurist Brian David Johnson to bring the world an explosive one-shot in this summer’s WIZARDS & ROBOTS!

When an army of futuristic robots journeys through time and space in search of ancient, powerful wizards, the fate of the world will hang in the balance, and a wealth of volatile secrets will be uncovered!

Propelled by will.i.am and Johnson’s inventive story and the expressive art of Adam Archer (Batman: Arkham City, Ratchet and Clank), WIZARDS & ROBOTS takes readers on a vivid, evocative journey through thrilling new worlds. Over WIZARDS & ROBOTS’ 48 pages, readers will travel untold distances to experience the tale of an unthinkably massive battle.

As will.i.am and Brian David Johnson were writing Wizards and Robots, their collaboration in storytelling came with a twist – to make sure that the science featured in the story was correct, and to make sure that the journey through new worlds explored boundaries of today’s science and technology.

Who would you trust the fate of the world to? Wizards or robots?

See who wins this July when WIZARDS & ROBOTS hits the stands!

About IDW

IDW is an award-winning publisher of comic books, graphic novels and trade paperbacks, based in San Diego, California. Renowned for its diverse catalog of licensed and independent titles, IDW publishes some of the most successful and popular titles in the industry, including: Hasbro’s The TRANSFORMERS and G.I. JOE, Paramount’s Star Trek; HBO’s True Blood; the BBC’s DOCTOR WHO; Toho’s Godzilla; and comics and trade collections based on novels by worldwide bestselling author, James Patterson. IDW is also home to the Library of American Comics imprint, which publishes classic comic reprints; Yoe! Books, a partnership with Yoe! Studio.

IDW’s critically- and fan-acclaimed series are continually moving into new mediums. Currently, Warner Brothers and Barry Sonnenfeld are attached to adapt LORE into a feature film starring Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Jerry Bruckheimer Films and Disney are creating a feature film based on World War Robot, with Michael Bay‘s Platinum Dunes and Sony bringing Zombies vs. Robots to film.

Written or Contributed by Jude Terror

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: will.I.am Breaks Down Barriers Between Wizards and Robot

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 pm

At $7.99 yep, this will be a seller. . to those who have no idea what a comic book costs today.

Chesscub
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Bear du jour

Postby Chesscub » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:37 pm

I see no lovely lady lumps on that cover.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 1:54 pm

Chesscub wrote:I see no lovely lady lumps on that cover.

It is called WIZARDS & ROBOTS not WITCHES & ROBOTS would need those.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 251 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:04 pm

bkthomson wrote:
It is called WIZARDS & ROBOTS not WITCHES & ROBOTS would need those.

Beat me to a good one. :D :D :D

Evan Meadow
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Evan Meadow » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:35 pm

bkthomson wrote:At $7.99 yep, this will be a seller. . to those who have no idea what a comic book costs today.

It's a 48 page book, that's IDW standard price. And depending on how many wil I am fans there are who would buy this, the book has to be related to ZvR so those of us who get that will no doubt purchase this.

Now if wil tweets about it and gets his fans to buy it, well that'll be a nice bonus on top.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby bkthomson » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:57 pm

Evan Meadow wrote:
It's a 48 page book, that's IDW standard price. And depending on how many wil I am fans there are who would buy this, the book has to be related to ZvR so those of us who get that will no doubt purchase this.

Now if wil tweets about it and gets his fans to buy it, well that'll be a nice bonus on top.

Yeah, eight dollars is still more that it is worth.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand