Advertisement

Winter Soldier #4 (Didn't have those in the 70s Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Winter Soldier #4 (Didn't have those in the 70s Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:57 am

Another very strong issue of Winter Soldier, featuring some very exciting action and a lot of plot-thickening. Seriously, how thick is the Lucia Von Bardas’ evil plan? Wheels within wheels. I loved the Doom-on-Doom fight, with Brubaker excelling himself with the pompous dialogue of Doom. I also really liked the fight between Bucky and Arkady, it was brilliantly drawn by Guice. Hell, everything in this book is brilliantly drawn by Guice, he’s really upped his game and given this book a truly unique look. So now it looks like Von Bardas plans on firing some Latverian nukes, but where is she aiming them? The US? Avengers Tower? Who knows?

Advertisement

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Re: Winter Soldier #4 (Didn't have those in the 70s Spoilers

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 pm

A better book than Captain America, in my opinion.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 428 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:23 pm

What I loved about this issue, and last issue as well, was just how much of a threat Doom comes across as. Having Doom seem as dangerous as he does adds to the atmosphere of threat that Lucia Von Bardas plan creates.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:04 pm

I love this book. The story is a fun mix of classic Cold War espionage and weird Marvel villains. This is maybe even pulpier than Bru's Fatale.

More than that, Guice's art is turning this book into something really, really special. It's like Jim Steranko and Sean Phillips joined forces to create the most atmospheric and mind-altering interior art in comics today.

I hope this Bru-Guice collaboration lasts for a very long time and that eventually it includes some independent projects.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand