Thursday, April 28, 2016 • Evening Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Winter Soldier #4 (Didn't have those in the 70s Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:57 am

Another very strong issue of Winter Soldier, featuring some very exciting action and a lot of plot-thickening. Seriously, how thick is the Lucia Von Bardas’ evil plan? Wheels within wheels. I loved the Doom-on-Doom fight, with Brubaker excelling himself with the pompous dialogue of Doom. I also really liked the fight between Bucky and Arkady, it was brilliantly drawn by Guice. Hell, everything in this book is brilliantly drawn by Guice, he’s really upped his game and given this book a truly unique look. So now it looks like Von Bardas plans on firing some Latverian nukes, but where is she aiming them? The US? Avengers Tower? Who knows?

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:18 pm

A better book than Captain America, in my opinion.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:23 pm

What I loved about this issue, and last issue as well, was just how much of a threat Doom comes across as. Having Doom seem as dangerous as he does adds to the atmosphere of threat that Lucia Von Bardas plan creates.

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:04 pm

I love this book. The story is a fun mix of classic Cold War espionage and weird Marvel villains. This is maybe even pulpier than Bru's Fatale.

More than that, Guice's art is turning this book into something really, really special. It's like Jim Steranko and Sean Phillips joined forces to create the most atmospheric and mind-altering interior art in comics today.

I hope this Bru-Guice collaboration lasts for a very long time and that eventually it includes some independent projects.

leave a comment with facebook