Advertisement

Winter Soldier #3 (Impugn the honor of Doom Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Winter Soldier #3 (Impugn the honor of Doom Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 am

Another very good issue of Winter Soldier, this title has very quickly become one of my favourite Marvel comics. This issue was most notable for it’s art in my book, Guice really is stretching his legs here, and having a lot of fun with the layouts, the page where Bucky and Black Widow teleported/parachuted into the Latverian Embassy was brilliant, the angles of the panels really made it stand out. The story itself continues to develop nicely, Brubaker gave us a recap of who Lucia Von Bardas is (and the events of Secret War) without it being too expository, and we saw what her real plan is, to frame Doctor Doom for a heinous crime so she can get back to power. Brubaker of course knows his Doom (If you haven’t read it, track down his and Pablo Raimondi’s ‘Books Of Doom’ mini, which is an excellent origin) and it’s great to see him write the character again. I also really like how this series is exploring the nature of an espionage world post-Cold War, the scene where the re-awakened sleeper agent was killed was excellent, as was the way Red Ghost explained that the war was not really over. Marvel Comics were always a lot of fun with evil Red Russkies as bad guys, and it’s cool to have that back.

Advertisement

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 179 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Re: Winter Soldier #3 (Impugn the honor of Doom Spoilers)

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Punchy wrote: Marvel Comics were always a lot of fun with evil Red Russkies as bad guys, and it’s cool to have that back.

Silver Age apologist!!! :twisted:

This issue was most notable for it’s art in my book, Guice really is stretching his legs here, and having a lot of fun with the layouts, the page where Bucky and Black Widow teleported/parachuted into the Latverian Embassy was brilliant, the angles of the panels really made it stand out.

Yes, Guice is acing the action scenes in this series!!!! :-D :-D

Can't wait for more gorilla machine gun action next issue :lol:

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 175 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:55 pm

as someone who was wholeheartedly against BuckCap and hated that run for every second Bucky was in that Capt. Puerto Rico costume, i can safely say that with him back as WS, this is already one of Marvel's 4 or 5 very best books at the moment. just so much fun.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

Miracloman
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Seduce and Destroy
Formerly: some guy from the 'Rama

Postby Miracloman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:38 pm

This is one of the comics I am actually regretting to be missing on.

Strict31 wrote:Curse you!

You've escaped from the trap that has always captured coyle and bender!!!

There will be another day, Miracloman! Another day!!!!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand