Monday, May 2, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Winter Soldier #3 (Impugn the honor of Doom Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:57 am

Another very good issue of Winter Soldier, this title has very quickly become one of my favourite Marvel comics. This issue was most notable for it’s art in my book, Guice really is stretching his legs here, and having a lot of fun with the layouts, the page where Bucky and Black Widow teleported/parachuted into the Latverian Embassy was brilliant, the angles of the panels really made it stand out. The story itself continues to develop nicely, Brubaker gave us a recap of who Lucia Von Bardas is (and the events of Secret War) without it being too expository, and we saw what her real plan is, to frame Doctor Doom for a heinous crime so she can get back to power. Brubaker of course knows his Doom (If you haven’t read it, track down his and Pablo Raimondi’s ‘Books Of Doom’ mini, which is an excellent origin) and it’s great to see him write the character again. I also really like how this series is exploring the nature of an espionage world post-Cold War, the scene where the re-awakened sleeper agent was killed was excellent, as was the way Red Ghost explained that the war was not really over. Marvel Comics were always a lot of fun with evil Red Russkies as bad guys, and it’s cool to have that back.

Johnny Smith

Expert Post Whore

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Punchy wrote: Marvel Comics were always a lot of fun with evil Red Russkies as bad guys, and it’s cool to have that back.

Silver Age apologist!!! :twisted:

This issue was most notable for it’s art in my book, Guice really is stretching his legs here, and having a lot of fun with the layouts, the page where Bucky and Black Widow teleported/parachuted into the Latverian Embassy was brilliant, the angles of the panels really made it stand out.

Yes, Guice is acing the action scenes in this series!!!! :-D :-D

Can't wait for more gorilla machine gun action next issue :lol:

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:55 pm

as someone who was wholeheartedly against BuckCap and hated that run for every second Bucky was in that Capt. Puerto Rico costume, i can safely say that with him back as WS, this is already one of Marvel's 4 or 5 very best books at the moment. just so much fun.

Miracloman

Great Scott!!!

Postby Miracloman » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:38 pm

This is one of the comics I am actually regretting to be missing on.

leave a comment with facebook