Advertisement

Winter Soldier #11 (Where's the challenge in that? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Shitlord

Winter Soldier #11 (Where's the challenge in that? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:00 pm

After the last few issues of Winter Soldier blew my socks off, this one, whilst still good, was a bit of a disappointment. Not much of note happens apart from Bucky and Hawkeye chasing after Black Widow and Leo, and even then, those scenes were lacking the emotional heft Brubaker gave things in #10. I guess this was the equivalent of a 10-minute action sequence really. And make no mistake, there was good action, Guice kicked ass on the art once again, and the fight between Winter Soldier, Hawkeye and AIM was very cool, especially when he just crashed the Helicopter on them. The best sequence was the flashback stuff, with all the reds and blues, this book makes very strong use of colour, more so than pretty much any other Marvel Comic. So yeah, whilst this wasn’t a gangbuster issue, it was still very strong, and it had a doozy of an ending, here’s hoping #12 is has enough awesome for 2 issues!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Winter Soldier #11 (Where's the challenge in that? Spoil

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 pm

I've been really enjoying the story involving Leo Novokov. He's the perfect antagonist for Bucky.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand