Tuesday, October 23, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Putting the yellow back into journalism."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

With Bendis' Move To DC, Marvel Cancels His Two Icon Titles

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:20 pm

With Bendis' Move To DC, Marvel Cancels His Two Icon Titles

This leaves Icon without any titles.

Source: Retailer Email

In a retailer email, Marvel revealed the cancellation of Powers #9 and United States of Murder Inc. Annual #1, two titles written by Brian Michael Bendis. The writer recently switched sides to DC, after 17 years at Marvel. The email also stated the two issues will not be resolicited at a later date.

While some creators retain room for creator-owned projects when they sign exclusive with a publisher, it's highly unlikely DC or Marvel would have allowed Bendis this leeway. The cancellation of these two series leaves Marvel's creator-owned Icon imprint without any current titles.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Draco x

Hopscotch

Postby Draco x » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:34 am

Marvel has never had a great history with several of their imprints so don't be surprised if Icon ends up getting the same treatment that Malibu and Cross-Gen got when they get thrown under the bus.

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:19 am

Draco x wrote:Marvel has never had a great history with several of their imprints so don't be surprised if Icon ends up getting the same treatment that Malibu and Cross-Gen got when they get thrown under the bus.

You forgot to mention thier other defunct imprints: Aircel Comics, Epic Comics‎, Eternity Comics, Humorama, Infinite Comics, Marvel 2099‎, Marvel Absurd, Marvel Adventures, Marvel Comics 2, Marvel Edge, Marvel Illustrated, Marvel Knights, Marvel Mangaverse, Marvel Music, Marvel Next, Marvel Press, Marvel UK‎, Max, New Universe, Paramount Comics, Razorline, Star Comics, Tsunami and Ultimate Marvel.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:51 pm

Amoebas wrote:You forgot to mention thier other defunct imprints: Aircel Comics, Epic Comics‎, Eternity Comics, Humorama, Infinite Comics, Marvel 2099‎, Marvel Absurd, Marvel Adventures, Marvel Comics 2, Marvel Edge, Marvel Illustrated, Marvel Knights, Marvel Mangaverse, Marvel Music, Marvel Next, Marvel Press, Marvel UK‎, Max, New Universe, Paramount Comics, Razorline, Star Comics, Tsunami and Ultimate Marvel.

hey, they currently have one Max title

It gets revived every time Ennis writes a Punisher book :groucho:

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:24 pm

Amoebas wrote:You forgot to mention thier other defunct imprints: Aircel Comics, Epic Comics‎, Eternity Comics, Humorama, Infinite Comics, Marvel 2099‎, Marvel Absurd, Marvel Adventures, Marvel Comics 2, Marvel Edge, Marvel Illustrated, Marvel Knights, Marvel Mangaverse, Marvel Music, Marvel Next, Marvel Press, Marvel UK‎, Max, New Universe, Paramount Comics, Razorline, Star Comics, Tsunami and Ultimate Marvel.

Also the Heavy Hitters imprint of the Epic division, which was really Icon before Icon. Feud from Baron and Nelson was fucking excellent.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Jack Charlemagne wrote:
Also the Heavy Hitters imprint of the Epic division, which was really Icon before Icon. Feud from Baron and Nelson was fucking excellent.

Feud? is that the one about lizard and frog people fight-or-fucking? If so, FUCKING FANTASTIC COMIC.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:
Feud? is that the one about lizard and frog people fight-or-fucking? If so, FUCKING FANTASTIC COMIC.

CAN CONFIRM.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:58 pm

So I read about feud in a wizard issue back in 1993, when I was pretty young. I was into science fantasy stuff at the time so it seemed like a good fit. Boy that was a darker fucking comic then I expected. :lol: I'm due for a re-read, so I got to figure out what box i got it bagged and boarded in. That was a good ass comic, and probably the number one book that got me into non superhero stuff.

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:13 pm

Rebirth NoctourneM wrote:So I read about feud in a wizard issue back in 1993, when I was pretty young. I was into science fantasy stuff at the time so it seemed like a good fit. Boy that was a darker fucking comic then I expected. :lol: I'm due for a re-read, so I got to figure out what box i got it bagged and boarded in. That was a good ass comic, and probably the number one book that got me into non superhero stuff.

It was very Heavy Metal. Just pure craziness with all the sex and violence and warring factions, like Game of Thrones on PCP. The designs for the various races were all genius. I've seen movies and TV shows that had less imagination than Mark Nelson's pencil. I got to ask him once why he never got into designing creatures for Star Trek or whatever, and he said drawing comics and RPGs was all he wanted to do, so it's all he would do. I'd love to see it collected, maybe with better coloring, but I suspect you and me were the only people who actually read any of it.

leave a comment with facebook