Sunday, December 17, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "Good enough for government work!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

With Industry Focused On Eddie Berganza, Marvel Hires Ron Richards

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm

With Industry Focused On Eddie Berganza, Marvel Hires Ron Richards

Marvel tried to pull a fast one.

Source: A

With all of comics focused on DC finally firing Eddie BerganzaMarvel used the opportunity to hire Ron Richards as VP/Managing Editor of New Media. Richards comes complete with his own set of baggage, including alleged abuse, alleged sexual harassment, and alleged hostility. It didn't take long for Twitter to weigh in.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

NeverReady

Rorshach Test Subject

Postby NeverReady » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:01 pm

Are these guys for real? Seriously, has nobody in Marvel's hiring department paid any attention to the news over the past month? It has to be the height of stupidity or hubris to hire anyone with a whiff of questionable behavior right now. Surely, there are people out there without this shit in their backgrounds. Why the hell aren't Marvel of Disney looking for them?

Jack Charlemagne

rubber spoon

Postby Jack Charlemagne » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:24 pm

NeverReady wrote:Are these guys for real? Seriously, has nobody in Marvel's hiring department paid any attention to the news over the past month? It has to be the height of stupidity or hubris to hire anyone with a whiff of questionable behavior right now. Surely, there are people out there without this shit in their backgrounds. Why the hell aren't Marvel of Disney looking for them?

Because those people are too good for the comic book industry.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:12 pm

Guys, I think you really need to remember there is no such thing as bad publicity.

"...

Hold my beer."

/Marvel'd

SlamBurger

phrase IV

Postby SlamBurger » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 pm

Jesus, seriously? I've listened to the ifanboy podcast for like 7 years. I had no idea he was a bad guy. Wow.

Belle-Tain Summer

Flying Mongoose

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:58 pm

The comicbook industry is just determined to do the dumbest things at every opportunity.

achilles

Silly French Man

Postby achilles » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:30 pm

Belle-Tain Summer wrote:The comicbook industry is just determined to do the dumbest things at every opportunity.

It aint just them. Corporations in general are dumb as dirt. The Nissan thing where they had unqualified people doing their final safety checks on their cars, and it cost them their ISO certification. Sundry other Japanese corporate scandals all informed by stupidity. The Uber thing with their idiot founder. All kinds of scandals over stupid practices and horrible behavior.

Belle-Tain Summer

Flying Mongoose

Postby Belle-Tain Summer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:35 pm

achilles wrote:
It aint just them. Corporations in general are dumb as dirt. The Nissan thing where they had unqualified people doing their final safety checks on their cars, and it cost them their ISO certification. Sundry other Japanese corporate scandals all informed by stupidity. The Uber thing with their idiot founder. All kinds of scandals over stupid practices and horrible behavior.

I... You there are just so many scandals, fuck ups, and such a daily parade of incompetence and deceit that I cannot keep up. The world is shit. Maybe those Mayans were right about that 2012 thing, and only off by a couple of years, maybe that theory about how David Bowie was the secret glue of the universe was right (https://www.indy100.com/article/people- ... JexA9d_RrZ) , or maybe I just stopped getting drunk enough and started noticing. I dunno. I think I'm gonna start drinking again. Wake me when everybody has come to their senses again.

leave a comment with facebook