Advertisement

Wolverine #305 (TV rots your brain Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Wolverine #305 (TV rots your brain Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:21 am

The post-Aaron era of Wolverine begins with a story that brings back one of his villains, Doctor Rot. But this is a very different story from that first one, and it looks like being a lot of fun. I’m not familiar with Cullen Bunn’s work, but he does a good job here, his voice for Wolverine is good and the ideas on show here demonstrate that he’s got a twisted sensibility that suits Wolverine, Those brain-monsters were creepy. Paul Pelletier has been a favourite of mine ever since She-Hulk and his work on the cosmic Marvel titles, he’s not particularly flashy, but his work is just perfectly suited for superhero stories, a sort of cross between Mark Bagley and Alan Davis. I love that his Wolverine is really short and stocky. I’m looking forward to the rest of this arc, and it’s just a shame that Bunn and Pelletier aren’t the permanent creative team. Instead we get Loeb who is very hit and miss.

Advertisement

The Bass

Liked in: 59 posts

Re: Wolverine #305 (TV rots your brain Spoilers)

Postby The Bass » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:00 am

Yeah, its a shame we're getting a proven sales success creative team coming onto the book.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 389 posts

Postby HNutz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:08 am

The Bass wrote:Yeah, its a shame we're getting a proven sales success creative team coming onto the book.

So you'd rather have a bad story that sells well than a better story that might not sell as good?

Not saying that it's a given that the Loeb story won't be good... but it's fairly likely, given his recent track record

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 am

HNutz wrote:
So you'd rather have a bad story that sells well than a better story that might not sell as good?

Not saying that it's a given that the Loeb story won't be good... but it's fairly likely, given his recent track record

What recent track record? I like his work, I like his recent track record. Hell, going on recent track record, Bunn should be excoriated as the guy responsible for that Fearless mess.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:00 am

The Bass wrote:
What recent track record? I like his work, I like his recent track record. Hell, going on recent track record, Bunn should be excoriated as the guy responsible for that Fearless mess.

I don't know Fearless. But I DO know Ultimates 3 and Ultimatum...

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:10 am

Yeah, and I know Superman For All Seasons and Daredevil Yellow.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:21 am

What do you like post-Sam Loeb?

The Bass

Postby The Bass » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:29 am

His Hulk run (I've been a fairly big booster of the run for a while anyway), New Ultimates, The Ultimates Annual, with Pants-Less Hulk.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand