Advertisement

Wolverine and the X-Men #2 (Spoils Galore)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 133 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Re: Wolverine and the X-Men #2 (Spoils Galore)

Postby chap22 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:40 pm

I was less than impressed with issue 1, but this one may have won me over. The idea of the school being built on Krakoa is awesome, and Aaron's handling of Hank, Kitty, and especially Bobby hit all the right notes for me. I may be back on a regular X-book for the first time in about 5 years.

Advertisement

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:01 am

My only question about the Krakoa thing is.. wut??

Isn't it supposed to be in space? How do they accidentally build a mansion ontop of it??

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 326 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:25 am

i don't think it is actually the same krakoa just that the hellfire club made A krakoa..

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:15 pm

Another issue of balls-to-the-walls insanity from Wolverine and his gang. I love how much stuff Aaron is managing to cram into this book, there’s Frankensteins and Krakoa and Wendigos and Saurons and Iceman kicking ass (I wonder if Wolverine was inspired by fighting that evil Iceman over in Uncanny X-Force? He was doing stuff like that) and the continued development of cool new characters like Broo and Kid Gladiator. This book didn’t let up for a second and it was highly enjoyable to say the least. Bachalo’s art was the perfect fit for Aaron’s madness, and basically, this is turning out to be one of the best X-Men runs in ages. I even liked the return of the Claremontian soap-opera elements such as when Bobby kissed Kitty, I can’t imagine how much that enraged/aroused the CBR X-Boards, which although the worst place on the internet, is genuinely fascinating in how insane those posters are about every minor X-character.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand