Wednesday, December 12, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "72 slogans - collect 'em all!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Wolverine Is Back For Sure In July In New Solo Series

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:01 pm

Wolverine Is Back For Sure In July In New Solo Series

Only she changed her name back to X-23.

Source: Marvel

With All-New Wolverine nearing its end, Laura is changing her name from Wolverine back to X-23 ahead of her newly announced solo series from writer Mariko Tamaki and artist Juann Cabal.

"I am so psyched to have the opportunity to write for X-23. How often do you get to write a comic that has its own iconic sound effect?" says Tamaki. "This is a story about being in the very weird kind of family that someone like Laura/X-23 finds herself in. It's about what it means to wrestle with legacy and identity when you were created to be a weapon and not someone with a birthday and a sister. I love writing these characters, I love the ferocity that comes with them, and I love the supporting cast we've put together for these issues."

And don't think Laura's sister Gabby aka Honey Badger is going anywhere either, as confirmed by Cabal.

"I feel very lucky to be working with someone as brilliant as Mariko. She has her own voice and ideas, so the series' tone is going to be different from ALL-NEW WOLVERINE, but you can feel her fondness and respect for the characters. So fans, rest assured! We'll continue enjoying the Laura and Gabby (and Jonathan the Wolverine) we all know and love!"

X-23 #1 is set to release in July.

Written or Contributed by Tim Midura

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:22 pm

This will be good. Tamaki had some cool stuff in what I've read of her Hulk run, and Cabal has turned in some cool stuff.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:25 pm

And this comes out in April

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:37 pm

HNutz wrote:And this comes out in April

Best april fools joke, or example of the worst of the industry? Hard to decide.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:56 pm

HNutz wrote:And this comes out in April

I really want to take this cover literally and believe that while he was stuck in adamantium after that ridiculously unheroic and anticlimactic death, Wolverine shrank down to an even more miniature version of himself.

FuzzyBarbarian

Birdman

Postby FuzzyBarbarian » Fri Mar 16, 2018 9:23 am

Tamaki's Being Super was amazing, so this should be good.

Not keen on Laura going back to the X-23 name though. I was fine with her using the Wolverine codename, since Logan doesn't even slightly have a secret identity anymore and I think Laura pulls off the costume better. But even if Laura can't be Wolverine anymore for whatever reason, X-23... that's the designation given to her when she was considered a weapon and object. And I don't think she's ever properly tried to change what it means. So... yeah. Hopefully it's just the name of the series and she doesn't actively go by it or anything.

Also, I found Gabby kinda... meh. Wouldn't mind her being shipped off to the Xavier School for a while or joining another team for a while.

leave a comment with facebook