Advertisement

Wolverine #19 (Master Po Yet Lives! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Wolverine #19 (Master Po Yet Lives! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:09 am

This story arc has been one of the most enjoyable Wolverine stories I’ve ever read, it’s just been a wild ride from start to finish, and Jason Aaron managed to cram in so many awesome bits and characters. Gorilla Man and Fat Cobra are brilliant companions for Wolverine, and seeing the engage in some subterranean kung-fu action was brilliant. I particularly loved the scene where Fat Cobra disses Gorilla Man’s monkey style, just genius. But of course, there’s serious stuff underpinning a lot of this madness, the bit where Wolverine explains why the ‘soul punch’ didn’t effect him was chilling, and a great reminder of Logan’s recent tragic past. Ron Garney’s art kicked ass like usual, and it looks like Aaron is introducing his next new big plotline with the mysterious figures on the last page, are we building up to #300 now? Basically, this book kicked ass, and if you’re one of those snobs who turns their noses up at Wolverine because he’s too popular, think again, this was a sequel to Agents Of Atlas for god’s sake!

Advertisement

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Re: Wolverine #19 (Master Po Yet Lives! Spoilers)

Postby MistaT » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:33 am

Hands down the best part of this issue was the return of Harry's. X-fans have a ton of memories housed within the small pub and to see it return brought a smile to my face.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 271 posts

Postby doombug » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Ron Garney is back on Wolverine with Aaron? Fuck yes!

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 167 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:58 pm

Aaron's entire run on Wolverine has been fantastic! Glad to see that his girlfriend got a job at the Bugle. Was kinda worried that she had been forgotten.

When did the story about Wolverine becoming the Black Dragon take place? Also the first time that Jade Claw and Wolverine threw down.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 708 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:04 pm

oogy wrote:Aaron's entire run on Wolverine has been fantastic! Glad to see that his girlfriend got a job at the Bugle. Was kinda worried that she had been forgotten.

When did the story about Wolverine becoming the Black Dragon take place? Also the first time that Jade Claw and Wolverine threw down.

The Black Dragon story i believe happened in the Wolverine: Manifest Destiny mini.

contramundi
cheese

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby contramundi » Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:05 am

e_galston wrote:
The Black Dragon story i believe happened in the Wolverine: Manifest Destiny mini.

yup

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:50 am

MistaT wrote:Hands down the best part of this issue was the return of Harry's. X-fans have a ton of memories housed within the small pub and to see it return brought a smile to my face.

Same here. Harry's return is very much welcomed. I can imagine we'll be seeing it more in Wolverine and the X-Men.

Frag
REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: Mama don't like tattletales.
Formerly: Frag It, Rusty Kuntz

Postby Frag » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:13 am

Nice spoiler in the title.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand