Advertisement

Wolverine & The X-Men #5 (Declared mentally unsound Spoilers

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Wolverine & The X-Men #5 (Declared mentally unsound Spoilers

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Another crazy fun issue of W&XM, this book is just such a rollercoaster ride each time out. The main thread of this issue is Wolverine’s search for funding, as the Hellfire Club blocks him using Warren Worthington’s billions, it’s going to be awesome to see him and Quire off in space. Aaron also takes time out for a bit of actual learning at the school, as Beast takes a couple of the students on a field-trip inside of Toad’s body, which was hilarious. Aaron is not really known as a funny rider, but once again he delivers some great lines that don’t get in the way of the story and make sense for the characters. Nick Bradshaw’s art was fantastic yet again, I know some people have a problem with his faces, but for he his cartoonish style is perfect for the madcap tone of this title. Kitty’s ‘pregnancy’ is the most dangerous plotline the book has had so far, and I fear for Broo, I bet some people will blame him for what’s happened to her.

Advertisement

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 74 posts

Re: Wolverine & The X-Men #5 (Declared mentally unsound Spoi

Postby dairydead » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:54 pm

i heart nick bradshaw
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Chris
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:36 pm

First down issue of the run so far for me.

And I still can't stand Nick Bradshaw.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:49 pm

I skimmed through this issue in the shop after taking a chance on the previous one after hearing everyone giving the book such high marks, but I have to say from my perspective they were both equally...I don't want to say horrible...they were both not un-horrible.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand