Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Who invited Spektre?"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Wolverine & The X-Men #6 (How many tongues? Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:28 am

Another brilliantly fun issue of W&XM, this book just drags you along and brings a smile to your face, and combined with Bradshaw’s art, Aaron’s humour really comes to the fore. This issue was focussed on two plotlines, the first was Wolverine and Quentin Quire’s attempts to raise funds for the school by cheating at Space-Gambling. This was a lot of fun, especially since Aaron writes such a brilliant Quire and Bradshaw was able to unleash some truly weird-looking aliens. The second story was the Brood Invasion of both the school and Kitty Pryde’s innards. This was a bit more serious than Wolverine’s story, but it was still fun, especially Kid Gladiator, it’s a cool coincidence that two Marvel books this week included scenes of heroes fighting inside a body, did Aaron and Fraction watch Fantastic Voyage on a creative retreat? It’s interesting that the villain of the piece is actually after Broo, I wonder who he is?
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:39 am

Cheating at gambling, really?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:54 am

Victorian Squid wrote:Cheating at gambling, really?


Yep, well it's more like card counting, not technically cheating, but frowned on.

Plus, I'm pretty sure using telepathy counts as cheating.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:24 am

Punchy wrote:
Yep, well it's more like card counting, not technically cheating, but frowned on.

Plus, I'm pretty sure using telepathy counts as cheating.


Quentin Quire was a murderer in Morrison's New X-Men, how can he have not been incarcerated for that and is now Wolverine's goofy sidekick in a card swindling gag? This book is the Apple Dumpling Gang of X-Men comics. :smt011

I flipped through this issue, but I guess it made little impression on me in the shop. I actually have really hated what I've read of this book.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:31 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Quentin Quire was a murderer in Morrison's New X-Men, how can he have not been incarcerated for that and is now Wolverine's goofy sidekick in a card swindling gag? This book is the Apple Dumpling Gang of X-Men comics. :smt011

I flipped through this issue, but I guess it made little impression on me in the shop. I actually have really hated what I've read of this book.


Apple Dumpling Gang?

Quire is awesome.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:34 am

Punchy wrote:
Apple Dumpling Gang?

Quire is awesome.


Well you didn't answer my question so I won't answer yours either. :afro:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:58 am

Victorian Squid wrote:
Well you didn't answer my question so I won't answer yours either. :afro:


He was in prison, but during Schism, the Hellfire club bust him out so he could cause an international incident which would lead to a renewed anti-Mutant fervor.

After Schism, Wolverine took him with him to the school to keep an eye on him.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Punchy wrote:
He was in prison, but during Schism, the Hellfire club bust him out so he could cause an international incident which would lead to a renewed anti-Mutant fervor.

After Schism, Wolverine took him with him to the school to keep an eye on him.


Well he still murdered people and so did some of his co-hort, so I have a hard time seeing any way of him escaping a trial and incarceration. Putting someone in detention isn't really a valid punishment for murder, not to mention his many other crimes, regardless of his age. Not that they seem to be really teaching much of anything at that school as far as I can tell..
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:05 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Well he still murdered people and so did some of his co-hort, so I have a hard time seeing any way of him escaping a trial and incarceration. Putting someone in detention isn't really a valid punishment for murder, not to mention his many other crimes, regardless of his age. Not that they seem to be really teaching much of anything at that school as far as I can tell..


Eh, Wolverine's murdered more people than Quire.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:06 pm

Oh and the Apple Dumpling Gang was a Tom Conway/Don Knotts film.

Image
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 pm

Punchy wrote:
Eh, Wolverine's murdered more people than Quire.


Yeah exactly, and now they've put emasculator bands on his nuts, put him in a sweater vest, and made him the nutty professor. That is also what is wrong with this book.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 pm

And I mean this Nutty Professor, not the inflated version your generation endured:

Image
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:48 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Quentin Quire was a murderer in Morrison's New X-Men, how can he have not been incarcerated for that and is now Wolverine's goofy sidekick in a card swindling gag? This book is the Apple Dumpling Gang of X-Men comics. :smt011

I flipped through this issue, but I guess it made little impression on me in the shop. I actually have really hated what I've read of this book.

that just makes you a dummy!

This book is one of the funnest month in and month out on the stands.
User avatar

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:12 pm

Victorian Squid wrote:
Yeah exactly, and now they've put emasculator bands on his nuts, put him in a sweater vest, and made him the nutty professor. That is also what is wrong with this book.

Its the second best X book there is behind X-Factor. Its heads and tails above Uncanny. I mean if you're saying murderers shouldnt be in books then a lot of teams are gonna be missing members.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:18 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Its the second best X book there is behind X-Factor. Its heads and tails above Uncanny. I mean if you're saying murderers shouldnt be in books then a lot of teams are gonna be missing members.


Isn't this where I say if avengingtitan likes it it must suck then? :P

I'm just kidding, but it's really not for me. Tried it, based solely on the many people who like the book, but I do hate the art and the writing both, particularly the flat humor. Stuff like Broo that everyone loves, I just hated.

I've read some runs of X-Factor from the 50 cent bins, it was okay but not something I would read monthly myself.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IvCNuB4 and 77 guests