Advertisement

Wolverine & The X-Men #14 (More tea Miss Guthrie? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Wolverine & The X-Men #14 (More tea Miss Guthrie? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:19 am

Kitty Pryde and Colossus take centre-stage for an issue which explores their relationship and also shows the toll that the war has had on the school. There are only like 3 teachers left, and one of those is Toad! I’m glad to know that this title is continuing post-Marvel Now, if we hadn’t been told that, I’d be fearing the worst. The scenes between Kitty and Peter were great, their relationship has been a cornerstone of the X-Men world for so long that it was very interesting to see that explored, and also to see what a man who has the powers of a god can’t have what he wants. Jason Aaron did a really good job with Colossus here, a character who’s not one of his regulars, as he showed the man inside struggle with the hubris that the Phoenix (and lest we forget the Juggernaut) is boiling up inside him. In the end, he manages to hold back, and it’s telling that so far, all of PENIS except for Namor have managed to keep their humanity (or mutantity) in the face of the Phoenix, but how long can that last? I feel sorry for Colossus really. Also interesting in this issue was the return of the teachers to the school, that a lot of them are leaving Cyclops’ side. I especially like the focus on Iceman, and how he’s somehow become the conscience of the X-Men. I’m not sure whether I prefer this to back when he was a hilarious idiot, but it’s interesting. Go Iceman! Jorge Molina fills in on the art here, and he does a good job, he’s definitely the most mainstream-style artist to have worked on the title, but it still kept that little glint of humour that’s essential to this book.

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 118 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Wolverine & The X-Men #14 (More tea Miss Guthrie? Spoile

Postby Zechs » Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:58 am

I disagree I think Emma is also loosing herself in the Phoenix as well as evidented of Avengers Academy's crossover and #6 of AvX? Though you're right this issue was great.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:53 pm

yeah right now the only person who really hasn't gone off the deep end while being an avatar for the phoenix is surprisingly enough Cyclops...

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 87 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:07 pm

e_galston wrote:yeah right now the only person who really hasn't gone off the deep end while being an avatar for the phoenix is surprisingly enough Cyclops...

But his prior experience as a megadouche probably gave him some level of immunity. Remember, that level of douchebaggery has to be his secondary mutation.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:09 pm

alaska1125 wrote:
But his prior experience as a megadouche probably gave him some level of immunity. Remember, that level of douchebaggery has to be his secondary mutation.

:lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand