Advertisement

Wolverine & The X-Men #11 (This purple man Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Wolverine & The X-Men #11 (This purple man Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:23 am

This book continues to have a lot of fun with AvX, and this issue featured one of my favourite moments of the event so far, namely the awesome fight between Iceman and Red Hulk, it’s just great to seem a writer finally use Iceman and his powers to his potential. I also liked the extra stuff this issued added around the edges of the Avengers and X-Men kicking each other, the involvement of Gladiator and the Shi’Ar Commandoes is very cool and the fight between them and Wolverine and a be-clawed Hope was a great deleted scene for the main story, and provided a good reason for why Wolverine decides to reveal Hope’s location to Captain America. Nick Bradshaw was back on art with this issue, and he did his usual excellent job, his cartoonish style really is a great fit for the tone of this series, and it was cool to see him draw some Avengers. I’m still torn on who’s better, him or Bachalo, they’re very different, but both very good.

Advertisement

Johnny Smith
cheese

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Re: Wolverine & The X-Men #11 (This purple man Spoilers)

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Kid Gladiator has some nice scenes in this issue. One develops his character as he personally realizes that he does like being at the school and decides to eject from the ship taking him away from Earth. He covers it up by telling Warbird that he doesn't back down from a fight. In the other scene, he breaks up the Iceman-Red Hulk fight by socking Red Hulk in the jaw :-D

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 587 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:33 pm

Punchy wrote:Nick Bradshaw was back on art with this issue, and he did his usual excellent job, his cartoonish style really is a great fit for the tone of this series, and it was cool to see him draw some Avengers. I’m still torn on who’s better, him or Bachalo, they’re very different, but both very good.

I prefer Bachalo hands down.

Also, I didn't mind Kid Gladiator getting involved in the fight but I was really hoping that Iceman would be able to deal with Red Hulk by himself. It would be a great way to showcase Bobby's potential while showing how much he has grown and how far be has come.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 57 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Sakie wrote:

Also, I didn't mind Kid Gladiator getting involved in the fight but I was really hoping that Iceman would be able to deal with Red Hulk by himself. It would be a great way to showcase Bobby's potential while showing how much he has grown and how far be has come.

I agree...I've enjoyed reading it, but it sometimes feels like writing a decisive win outside of AvsX is something of a last resort.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:02 pm

I think Iceman was holding his own in that Red Hulk fight. Kid Gladiator's interruption probably just sped things up again.

Also, blank slate Angel is proving to be an interesting character.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 69 posts

Postby dairydead » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:13 pm

I mean, Iceman could've just frozen Red Hulk's brain or something, or built up ice in his throat so he would have a hard time breathing.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:40 pm

dairydead wrote:I mean, Iceman could've just frozen Red Hulk's brain or something, or built up ice in his throat so he would have a hard time breathing.

He wasn't trying to KILL him. Just subdue him. :lol:

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 69 posts

Postby dairydead » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:50 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:

He wasn't trying to KILL him. Just subdue him. :lol:

i mean, thats nothing Hulk couldn't recover from. He's dealt with worse. i just figure Iceman has got to know was to use his powers to subdue people without just punching them with ice
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:51 pm

dairydead wrote:
i mean, thats nothing Hulk couldn't recover from. He's dealt with worse. i just figure Iceman has got to know was to use his powers to subdue people without just punching them with ice

He may be a better Iceman, but he's still Iceman. Baby steps.

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:53 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:I think Iceman was holding his own in that Red Hulk fight. Kid Gladiator's interruption probably just sped things up again.

Also, blank slate Angel is proving to be an interesting character.

Yeah, I am really liking Angel. I've always thought giving him some kind of connection (no matter how tenuous) to a "biblical angel" would be a good move.

Agent Panic
crash test dummy

Title: Stranger Danger

Postby Agent Panic » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:02 pm

This book sucks donkey nuts. Every damn' issue has to do about space. The students are a not even a priority in storytelling. Let me guess, this issue had some space-related segment to it, didn't it?
Do you know what the most frightening thing in the world is?
It's fear.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Sakie wrote:

Knowing Marvel Red Hulk will use his Loebforce to beatdown Iceman and Kid Gladiator.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby Draco x » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:14 pm

dairydead wrote:I mean, Iceman could've just frozen Red Hulk's brain or something, or built up ice in his throat so he would have a hard time breathing.

We all know that the writers will end up making Rulk win due to Loebforce unfortunately.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 324 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:41 pm

Agent Panic wrote:This book sucks donkey nuts. Every damn' issue has to do about space. The students are a not even a priority in storytelling. Let me guess, this issue had some space-related segment to it, didn't it?

i hope you are being sarcastic
are you reading the same book?? there's been maybe 2 space stories in the entire 11 issue series.. and since you know 2 of the students are alien it makes sense to have space stories occassionally... and really "students aren't a priority??" Uh Kid Gladiator student, last "space story" had Quentin as main character. Genesis is getting focus. Its not like its the ONLY book focusing on the school either, since X-Men Legacy also focuses on the school.

alaska1125
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:51 pm

Agent Panic wrote:This book sucks donkey nuts. Every damn' issue has to do about space. The students are a not even a priority in storytelling. Let me guess, this issue had some space-related segment to it, didn't it?

This is one of, if not the, best X-Men book right now.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand