Advertisement

Wonder Woman #2 (Cockless Coop Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Wonder Woman #2 (Cockless Coop Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:56 am

Is this the best Wonder Woman ever? It doesn’t have much competition, but this is damn impressive comics. Most of this is down to Cliff Chiang’s art, which is amazing and makes this probably the best looking book of the New 52 I’ve read, every page is a thing of beauty, and I especially liked the fight between Diana and the other Amazon. The writing from Brian Azzarello isn’t half bad either! He’s approaching Wonder Woman with a maturity many writers don’t, this book isn’t kitschy, it’s serious, and his take on Diana is just bad-ass, all the people complaining about DC being misogynistic need to read this book and stop moaning. I’m sure there will be some complaints about Wonder Woman’s new origin and even about Hippolyta being blonde, but only from idiots.

Advertisement

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Re: Wonder Woman #2 (Cockless Coop Spoilers)

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:58 am

I am loving this book. I've always loved Wonder Woman but I always felt like she suffered from a constant string of writers who weren't sure what to do with her. Azzarrello is a strong writer who seems to have a very strong vision in mind for what to do with this book and I for one am committed to enjoying the ride.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 407 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:03 am

Denny O'Neal told some really good stuff.
Perez & Messner-Loebs were both great.
And Gail Simone was a home run.

I'll easily put these two issues in with the above class.

And I like how they made the Golem origin a 'legend' rather than fact. I'm sure more is to be revealed soon.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 478 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:57 pm

i enjoyed it. This is the first time i've really liked Wonder Woman since Rucka left the book.

MikeinLA
Flying Mongoose

Liked in: 47 posts

Postby MikeinLA » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:31 pm

Its very good, but Perez's stuff trumps it. I also really liked what Greg Rucka was doing with the book before it got bogged down in the Countdown to Infinite Crisis hoopla.

Miracloman
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Seduce and Destroy
Formerly: some guy from the 'Rama

Postby Miracloman » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:38 pm

Punchy wrote:Is this the best Wonder Woman ever? It doesn’t have much competition, but this is damn impressive comics. Most of this is down to Cliff Chiang’s art, which is amazing and makes this probably the best looking book of the New 52 I’ve read, every page is a thing of beauty, and I especially liked the fight between Diana and the other Amazon. The writing from Brian Azzarello isn’t half bad either! He’s approaching Wonder Woman with a maturity many writers don’t, this book isn’t kitschy, it’s serious, and his take on Diana is just bad-ass, all the people complaining about DC being misogynistic need to read this book and stop moaning. I’m sure there will be some complaints about Wonder Woman’s new origin and even about Hippolyta being blonde, but only from idiots.

You praising a Wonder Woman comic?

Strict31 wrote:Curse you!

You've escaped from the trap that has always captured coyle and bender!!!

There will be another day, Miracloman! Another day!!!!

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand