Advertisement

Wonder Woman #0 (Kiss My Azzarello Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Wonder Woman #0 (Kiss My Azzarello Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 am

Brian Azzarello and Cliff Chiang take us back to Diana Of Themyscira’s childhood for what is now my favourite zero issue so far. This issue is a great amalgamation of Silver-Age tribute and what Azz has turned Wonder Woman into. So whilst the artwork was bright and the third person narration lovely and old-school, the events of this issue still feel like an important part of the ongoing story. This was not just an exercise in nostalgia. The main plot involves Diana, who feels ostracised from the rest of the Amazons because of her supposedly being made of clay (which we know now is not true), learning to be a warrior under the tutelage of War. The story culminates with her really demonstrating the core of Wonder Woman’s character, she is a warrior, but she shows mercy, she does not kill for the sake of it. Her sparing of the Minotaur was a very strong moment. Chiang’s artwork was once again superb, he really makes this title work and gives it a unique feel. This was a nice little break from the epic scale of the ongoing story, and I’m still amazed that not only does Azz have me caring about Wonder Woman, but has me interested in her teenage years! Roll on Year Two of this excellent title, and roll on THE NEW GODS!

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand