Thursday, May 5, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Wow.. Loeb is Truly Horrible.. *Ultimates #4 Preview*

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:58 am

I mean honestly.. not only does he have Thor talking like 616 Thor but he "forgets" that Thor and Magneto tussled in Ultimate War? Goddamnit he even uses the same damn trick to beat Thor.

But damn is Joe Mad wasted on this he sure draws a pretty Mags.

http://comics.ign.com/articles/883/883037p1.html

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:32 pm

Did # 3 ever come out?

I have a subscription and never got it.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:54 pm

Loeb seems to be hit or miss on books these days. On Hulk, he's fantastic. But I picked up a copy of Ultimates 3 #1 and thought it was horrible, though it did look pretty. And it's a mini. So I think his mind is more on his ongoing stuff.

Mr. Batman

Postby Mr. Batman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:16 pm

"Come with me if you want to live"

So cheesy

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:33 pm

Psivage wrote:Did # 3 ever come out?

I have a subscription and never got it.

I don't think so.

I checked Marvel.com and it said #3 came out in February but I didn't get it either.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:22 am

JL_Amato wrote:I don't think so.

I checked Marvel.com and it said #3 came out in February but I didn't get it either.

My store had #3

Psivage

FROGMAN

Postby Psivage » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:30 am

JL_Amato wrote:I don't think so.

You have subscription as well?

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:48 pm

I know I suck, but I kinda like this book.

It's not going to win any Eisners but I think it's kinda fun. Plus I love the Joe Mad art.

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:47 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I know I suck, but I kinda like this book.

It's not going to win any Eisners but I think it's kinda fun. Plus I love the Joe Mad art.
Car crashes and all that jazz?

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:14 pm

It's Marvel's version of ASB&RTBW. You just have to beat the shit out of any expectations you may have and turn your brain completely off.

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:24 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:It's Marvel's version of ASB&RTBW. You just have to beat the shit out of any expectations you may have and turn your brain completely off.

But ASBRTBW is so much more enjoyable.

JL_Amato

rubber spoon

Postby JL_Amato » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:31 pm

Psivage wrote:You have subscription as well?

Like with Marvel?

I was supposed to get it from MOC and I never saw it. I'll have to dig through my long boxes and look though.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:35 pm

Forbush Man wrote:But ASBRTBW is so much more enjoyable.

Miller is a better writer, so even his worst crap is better than Loeb's. Ultimates is just mainly eye candy and giggles to me now. I hate what's become of it, but what are you gonna do?

john lewis hawk

Founder of The Outhouse

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:42 pm

Black_Kryptonian wrote:Miller is a better writer, so even his worst crap is better than Loeb's. Ultimates is just mainly eye candy and giggles to me now. I hate what's become of it, but what are you gonna do?
Not buy it.

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:49 pm

john lewis wrote:Not buy it.

Naw, it's fun in it's own stupid way. If you're going to write crap, make sure it's entertaining crap. Not the direction I'd have chosen for the book, but ce la vie.

leave a comment with facebook