Advertisement

Xavier pays Beast one last visit...

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Xavier pays Beast one last visit...

Postby e_galston » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:26 am

sdsichero wrote:Did Xavier give McCoy his Katra?

no he gave Beast the Mind Gem (one of the Infinity Gems, each of the Illuminati took one of the gems so that they couldn't be used to make the Infinity Gauntlet by villains)

Advertisement

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:26 am

e_galston wrote:
no he gave Beast the Mind Gem (one of the Infinity Gems, each of the Illuminati took one of the gems so that they couldn't be used to make the Infinity Gauntlet by villains)

Didn't that series exist, and was called Infinity Watch?

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:13 am

ElijahSnowFan wrote:This sequence...well, let's just say that it might've gotten a little dusty in The Comics-Reading Den.

I like to believe that Xavier left it to Hank because, in my own way of thinking, the original class of X-Men HAD to mean something more to Xavier. The only way my mind works through all the decades of reading, for all the decades these characters have existed, is that they have to have the same kinds of bonds that you would develop to your first set of students, were you a teacher.

I like what was done with Xavier over the last six or seven years, with Mike Carey's run, where he had Xavier attempting to clean up some of the messes he made, and I thought it was well-executed that Xavier would be part of the Illuminati.

It was unfortunate that Xavier wasn't used very much of late and that, as Bendis said and I believe to be true, no one else had any interest in using him.

But what Hickman did here, in this sequence...he reminded me about why a group of kids would leave their homes and risk their lives, endure tremendous anguish and death, for one old man.

It was because he told them they were special. And they were. They were the first, Hank and Bobby and Warren and Scott and Jean.

They were special, and I'm so glad that Hickman reminded me of that.

Amen, brother ESF. Amen.

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Zero wrote:New Avengers might just be better than Avengers if this level of quality keeps up.

I agree.

The Illuminati is probably the best thing that Bendis did while on his Avengers run, it's been my favorite at least.

Hab

Draco x
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Draco x » Sat Feb 02, 2013 3:05 pm

Lord Simian wrote:
Didn't that series exist, and was called Infinity Watch?

Good point here.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand