Advertisement

XBox Announcement Coming May 21st

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 286 posts

Postby LOLtron » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:26 pm

The official XBox Facebook page made an announcement today about an announcement coming.

That's about the jist of it.

The reveal should be focused on hardware, i.e. their new console, believed to simply be called "X-Box" (dropping the Durango code-name and the 720 moniker fans have given it).  Though they may show some game teasers or demos with the reveal, they are expected to save the bulk of their game announcements for E3 in June.

Written or Contributed by xaraan

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 45 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: XBox Announcement Coming May 21st

Postby bkthomson » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:58 pm

Cool. I hope they learned from Sony or Nintendo on what not to do when announcing a new console.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

baggle
hobo killer

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Really Britta'd that one

Re: XBox Announcement Coming May 21st

Postby baggle » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:54 pm

I made this comment to a friend earlier, but it's really weird that they're having the announcement on a Tuesday in the middle of the day. The announcement for the 360 was a 30 minute spot purchased by Microsoft on prime time MTV, at the height of their powers. This one is in the early afternoon (well, at least for those of us in the EST time zone). The PS4 announcement was in prime time in NYC. It makes me think they're worried about the public reaction (like, say, if they announce the console is always-on).

I'm still very interested to see what their response to Sony is, because so far, I'm entirely not interested in the next Xbox.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand