Advertisement

You Are Fools if You Don't Read this Interview With Hart Fisher. FOOLS!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 287 posts

Indy Hunter Interview with Hart Fisher, The Most Dangerous Man in Comics

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:00 am

Indy Hunter Interview with Hart D. Fisher

Indy Hunter returns for a wild, in-depth interview with the controversial and brutally frank comics legend, Hart Fisher. You don't want to miss this one!

Greetings...

Hello Hart. Thanks for joining us. It’s an honor.

Glad to be here.

When Hero’s Illustrated once did a list for, “The 100 Most Important People in the Comics Industry”, they “christened” you with the title of, “The Most Dangerous Man In Comics”. Do you think that label was fair-play?

You kidding me? I danced a merry jig when I saw I was even on that list, let alone tagged with that moniker. What a perfect name. It suited me to a T. The big corporations don’t play nice & they don’t play fair, so neither did I.

When I started Boneyard Press my role models were Dan Madsen at Northstar & Stephen Bissette with his work at DC & Taboo. I wanted to break new ground like they did. I wanted to charge out there and do the best damn horror comics in the industry, so the label they put on me stuck and I couldn’t have been happier.

In today’s landscape, comic industry wise, is there anyone you would say is the Most Dangerous Man/Woman in Comics?

Unfortunately, no, no one has risen to fill that label. Nobody.

When I was doing comics no one called me, or my readers, nerds.

Now… Now it’s the definition of what it means to be a comics reader. To me, that’s sad. Boneyard Press did controversial rock’n’roll outlaw comics. So did Verotik with a bonafide dark metal legend behind it, Glenn Danzig. Chaos! Comics brought the metal & the attitude to comics & some dark fun. Hell, we even had Rickie Rocket, drummer of Poison, with his own publishing company.

Where are the publishers like that now? Where’s the rock’n’roll?

No where to be seen man. 

Back In The Day...

Hart for those that may not know you yet and are new to the world of comics, Indie/Mainstream, or otherwise, What is your history with the medium?

I grew up reading comics, devoured them since I was five years old. I began drawing my own books with my friends right from the get go. I published my own comics in high school & sold ’em to my friends.

Watching my childhood friend, Dan Madsen, build Northstar from the ground up, debuting Faust, it really put the bug in my head that publishing comics could be done. Mark Beachum convinced me that it could be done and that owning your work instead of slaving away on someone else’s was the ONLY way to go.

So in 1991 with a loan from my grandpa Elmer I started up Boneyard Press to publish my first title, Dark Angel. Working in comics was a dream come true & also a serious eye opener in the face of what a nightmare the actual business of publishing could be. I started Boneyard Press from my basement apartment in Champaign Illinois while finished up my art degree at the University of Illinois.

Boneyard Press started the careers of John Cassaday, Gerard Way, Stephen Elliot, Duncan Rouleau, Albert Holasso, William Harms, did the first independent intercompany horror cross over with Razor vs. Dark Angel, published the first Russian comic in America with Rectum Errrectum, published the work of Mike Dianna AFTER it was banned from Diamond and ruled as obscene by the United States Supreme Court at great personal risk to myself & my staff in the pages of Flowers on the Razorwire.

I killed the founders of Image in the book Kill Image (which had the wives of Tod, Jim & Rob all scared shitless that I was comin’ for them for real). We pissed off Howard Stern with the Howard Stern Vs. Rush Limbaugh book, Rush gave me a thumbs up on the air for my Rush Limbaugh Must Die book.

My staff & I faked my death for April Fools day 1998, we almost got my obit run in Wizard. The Comics Journal tracked it down & blew out the joke the day before April 1st, hell, the cunts at The Comics Buyers Guide called my boss at the ad agency I worked at to try & get me fired. Literally. Lucky for me, my boss was in on the joke & thought it was pretty damn funny.

Most folks outside of the industry know me for the Jeffrey Dahmer books I published and the media circus that went along with the lawsuit. Or they might know me from co-authoring “A Taste of Cherry” with Christian Moore for Verotika #4 and the bust that followed at Planet Comics in Oklahoma where the book is legally obscene material to this day.

You can find most of my talk show appearances on my youtube channel from shows like Larry King, Jerry Springer, you can see a young Garry Way in the audience on The Sally Jesse Raphael Show, E on OJ, clips of me kidnapping the editor of Hero Illustrated out of his office, footage of the protest march at my home in Champaign & the SWAT truck that was there, all kinds of crazy stuff.

It was one helluva ride that I was lucky enough to survive.Art by the late great Stephen Hughes.

And industry-wise, who have you written for?

Boneyard Press, Caliber, The Comics Journal, Chaos! Comics, CFD, Hero Illustrated, Fan Magazine, Verotik, Chanting Monks, Asylum Press… That’s just off the top of my head. I’d have to really think for everything I did with the indie guys.

When would you say was your most gratifying time in the comics industry?

Wow… I’d say all of it. I got to live out a lot of dreams in comics. I’ve read’em since I was a little kid & loved’em… I couldn’t pin it down to anyone time or place. I loved meeting the fans, discovering & working with new talent, the brand new smell of that first boxes of books hot off the presses…

I loved it all. I only left ‘cuz there’s no real money in it.

What are you up to now?

I’m taking over horror.

I’m going to own the genre of horror the way Disney owns kids.

Just like my venture into comics, I’ve been lucky enough to have serious industry professionals take me under their wing & school me for the corporate boardrooms of the television industry. This group of advisors & industry professionals includes one of my old mentors, the blackest of the black himself, Mr. Glenn Danzig. Glenn has been an immense help, a guy who’s given me a lot of good advice & who’s opened up his vaults to allow us to play his uncut music videos on American Horrors.

Launching American Horrors has been VERY different than launching Boneyard.

Let me put it to you this way… I didn’t go looking for a home for my horror channel, American Horrors, it came looking for me. I was head hunted. I was personally drafted by the crazy billionaire, Alki David, to launch the world’s best uncut horror channel, American Horrors, on his online cable company FilmOn.com. I’ve been working with FilmOn & Mr. David ever since. I even did a couple test episodes of a broadcast horror series for Mr. David’s production company. Working with Mr. David has been an eye opener & an education all in itself.

Now that the original American Horrors has been on the air for over a year and is running smoothly, I’m focused on our line up of original programming and it’s 2nd season. American Horrors has the BEST original content of any horror channel on the air today. We’ve got new episodes in post for True Crimes (with the legendary crime author Burl Barer & Don Woldman hosting), The American Horrors Intermission (an interview show hosted by me), Flowers on the Razorwire, our flagship show American Horrors. I’ve signed up an entire slate of online series to run on the channel. The crushing Zombie series by the King Sisters, 8.13 and Woody Mecke’s horror movie review show Fright Asylum, we’ve got our own exclusive feature films getting ready to be released on DVD this summer (Carrion, Client 14, Deep Seeded, The Garbage Man, Ironhorse).

I’ve been signing up talent like Zach Green & Richard Powell, Annette Martinez, Chris J. Miller, Joe Vigil’s kid Jeff Vigil, Slam Dance veteran Tony Nitolli and so many more great indie visionaries to create short films for American Horrors.

You want the absolute best in horror? Real Horror for the People? You come to American Horrors. Anyone in the world can find us at www.filmon.com for FREE!!!!

The Real World Horror Revolution is here and the Revolution will be televised on American Horrors, 24/7.

Lawsuits, Dispositions, and Legal Worries Oh My!

There’s recently been a legal dispute about the use of the word(s) Super Heroes and it’s variations, between an Indie creator and the Biggest two Comic corporations that exist. Independent comics publisher Ray Felix has been told that the words “SuperHeroes”, is an infringement on a trade-mark owned by Marvel and D.C. What was your reaction when you first heard the news?

I got very, very, very angry.

After gestating it a bit, what are your thoughts now? Have they changed? Remained the same? Or have they mutated into something more?

Where was their lawsuit when I wrote “Evil Ernie vs. The Super Heroes #2” or it’s first book? Do they plan to sue a newspaper when it uses Super Hero to describe something? This is a big, big issue that they want people to just roll over for them.

The more I’ve researched the legal merits of DC & Marvel’s supposed ownership of the term Super Hero, the more angry I’ve gotten. I grew up getting ganged up on in Chicago’s south side. It infuriates me when I see the bullies gather to attack a solitary smaller guy. That’s what’s going on here. Since DC & Marvel are the same size, with giant corporate parents, they’ve decided it would cost too much to fight each other over this, so instead, they’re going after someone they think will be an easy victim.

The law states that you have to have a hold on the mark and that your mark has be active in the areas in which you want to hold it. So where’s the comic titled “Super Hero”? Where is the pen or pencil called a “Super Hero” pencil? Or any of the other products they want to own the term in? They don’t have products with those terms in them in the marketplace.

In order for you to own the trademark your mark has to be active. In use. For the products it’s registered for. You can’t just lock down motor cars for 50 years. You have to release these products.

Then there’s the issue of they claimed they owned it for 30 years but never flexed on the mark before. In order to own the mark you have to protect the mark, the more people who use the mark with out a response from the TM owner, the weaker your hold on the mark.

That’s why they chose a small publisher with little legal resources to fight this suit. They chose the weakest easiest victim they could, like a true bully.

What do you say to the people that are of the opinion that Marvel/DC are just protecting their brand, it’s just business?

Anyone who says it’s “Just business” tells you a lot about their moral fiber and ability to stand up for their rights. It’s wrong and it’s illegal.

It’s not business. It’s an illegal tactic to grab a phrase from the common vernacular. This isn’t their phrase just like Droid wasn’t George Lucas’s. It’s a regular term in regular English. You can’t trademark the term Stop Sign or Sci Fi, I mean, why do you think the Sy Fy channel changed the spelling of it’s channel name?

It’s sickening what DC & Marvel are trying to do, just another tactic to drive the little guy out of business.

You’ve had your own experiences with Marvel and the courts haven’t you? If you don’t mind reminiscing, what happened and what is the state of relationship between you and their House of Mouse today, if any?

Once upon a time in the early 90’s there was a branch of Marvel called Marvel UK. This branch, run by Lou Bank, was publishing a title called Hells Angel. The motorcycle club of the same name sued them for trademark & copyright violations. When they won their case, Marvel UK changed the title to Dark Angel, a book & character I’d been publishing since high school.

You could say that I had help in my suit with Marvel from the Hells Angel’s motorcycle club’s legal wing. I got a hold of the lawyers, all club members, behind the Hells Angels win. We spoke at length about their case. With their advice under my arm I made my decision - I hired a lawyer in Champaign Illinois & we sent Marvel a cease & desist notice.

Marvel’s reply to our cease & desist was to threaten me with a counter suit alleging that my book “The Thanatos Syndrome” was infringing upon their purple super villain Thanos. If I pushed to enforce my clear legal rights, they would counter sue & bury me.

That made me very, very, very angry.

I knew their suit would be frivolous & without merit. Our book was based on a Greek myth about death. Theirs was a silly super villain character with no title of his own.

Bullies don’t like a real fight. I chose to fight. They decided to cancel the infringing title.

I won.

Have you met any other Independent Publishers/Creators that have had similar experiences? Either yours or Ray Felix?

Right off the top of my head, even before I tangled with Marvel, they pulled a bully tactic like this with Dan Madsen at Northstar (the original publisher of Faust) over Tim Vigil’s space opera, “Omega”, which, due to Marvel’s cease & desist notice over their Latino hero character “Omega”, was changed to “Omen” and did not perform to expectations of the publisher. I believe it is due to the title change.

I also remember a publisher, well within their fair use rights of parody & criticism, did a series of shirts & materials mocking “Starbucks” with their “StarWhores” parody. I do not know what happened, or if they went to court over it. I just remember them getting’ shut down in the same manner and the same half assed coverage in the media about it.

Big corporate titan puts all it’s weight into suit with indie penniless creator because they’re humorless & greedy.

Your battle with Marvel even launched its own clothing line. How’d that come about and are there any pieces of clothing left?

I created & released the “MARVEL CAN SUCK MY COCK” t-shirts as a public statement about their business policies of the time (designed to drive small publishers out of business) and send a very public message about these policies in a very public manner.

The mainstream media has never properly covered Marvel’s role in absolutely destroying the direct distribution market for comics. It started with their stated plans to pull their comics out of all comics stores & create their own “Marvel Marts”. Their first step in this plan was to purchase the 3rd largest distributor in the business, an east coast company called Heroes World.

This started an exclusivity war that destroyed all other distributors except for Diamond. Funny thing is, every time we lost a distributor, we’ve lost customers that have never come back to the table.

When I got into publishing, a best selling book could run for a million copies, much of that collector madness, but still, much higher print runs than a best selling title today that moves a hundred thousand copies.

Since Marvel had clearly started their ambition was to wreck the competition, drive us out of business, I made the “Marvel Can Suck My Cock” shirts & debuted them at the San Diego comicon. I sold over 100 shirts in one day, selling the shirt off my back twice.

This little publicity stunt lead to six new pages of legalese added to San Diego’s contract vendor contract, a contract I would never sign. Marvel was FURIOUS when I published the Kill Marvel book, but they went bat shit nuts at San Diego Comicon with the shirts, they even sent a guy outta their booth who physically assaulted me. Big mistake for HIM, very embarrassing when I put him in his place…

But if you want the story of THAT confrontation you’ll have to ask Gary Guzzo..

Legacies are Viruses…

Do you think your efforts to stand up to a larger corporation who pretty much owns most of the sand box may have inspired other Independent creators to get into this field? What do you think if at all your own Independent Publishing legacy has left up this date?

Legacy? If I have a legacy it’s a simple one.

Go through the homes of members of Metalica, Slayer, Pantera, Obituary, Necrophagia, Misfits, Marylin Manson and look through their bookshelves… You’ll find my work.

What does that tell you?

What would you like it to say, when all is said and done?

Everything I set out to do, I achieved beyond my wildest dreams. As a kid, I had no idea my love for comics would lead to a career like this one. I’ve broken serious talent in music, writing, art and even fucking politics.

What I would say is this: The more you repress those kids, the more they will seek out enablers of their talent like me. You cannot stop me. You cannot ban me. Stab me in the face a thousand times… I will rest… then I will rise. We will go on. We will ascend.

That kid you think is all washed up at the starting line? That’s my kid. He’s out there, waiting to be molded into something strong, something hungry. I want you to take a chance. I want you to dare to fall flat on your face, then rise up, try it again.

You can win. You can beat them. All the haters & their mouths full of fail.

I beat them. I lived my dreams. You can too.

Are you involved in any comic creating now?

I’ve been hired to write some things but nothing that’s hit print yet. I’m waiting to get artwork back to finish a script up for Clint Scott his new Splatter Saint book. He pays, the character is fun to write, I'm eager to see it hit print.

There’s a great deal of fans & artists who want me to come back, but right now, I'm more interested in pulling creators out of comics & bring them into tv & movies.

What’s on the horizon?

I’ve been talking to publishers about bringing my poetry back into print and expanding the Poems for the Dead series into 3 volumes, including hard cover limited editions. So far we haven’t come to a conclusion about how to do this or scheduling.

What would it take to get you back in?

Money. You pay me to do a job like a merc, or I come back with enough money in my war chest to bring the pain to the corporate powers that be.

When I come back, I’m comin’ back like Jesus Napalm Christ.

I’m comin’ back like walking fire.

You weren’t  exactly excited by the pairing up of The House of Ideas and the House that Walt built, were you? Is it fair to say you saw less than positive omens from Disney’s acquisition of Marvel?

I knew the lawsuits & bullying would rise to an all new level of shallowness with Disney owning Marvel. If you follow history & know anything about how they handle Trademark law and intellectual slavery of their employees… I knew it was going to be tremendously bad for Marvel and the industry as a whole.

You think this “Super Hero” suit is bad? You thought “Marvel Marts” were a bad idea? Or Marvel starting the Distribution Wars with it’s acquisition of Heroes World & the lives that action ruined… Guys…

When it comes to Disney Darkness coming to comics via Marvel… Strike up that Darth Vader theme and get ready… You ain’t seen Nuthin’ Yet.

The evil empire has come and they’re gonna strike deep into the hearts of creators everywhere…

What are your thoughts on D.C.?

You know, every artist out there should consider one thing when working with a giant corporation… The guy you like who’s negotiating the terms of the deal with you, the guys you might work with, they’re not going to be there at that company forever & companies have a way of acting psychotic, doing whatever they feel inclined to do when it would bring them bigger profits.

Look at Alan Moore, look at Jack King Kirby, look at Frank Miller… All titans in their day, all made promises by deviate sodomites who fucked them over every way they could in the name of a dollar. Have you read about the pressures DC placed on associates of Alan Moore and how they used their hiring & firing abilities to pressure Alan to sign a bad deal he refused to sign over The Watchmen, even if they hurt his friends, literally?

That’s who your signing with. The Devil. DC, Marvel, Disney, all satanic ghouls cut from the same cloth making their living on the imaginations of great men they screwed into the ground.

Start your own company, create your own legends.

Then stand by them.

What about the comics industry in general?

I checked out of comics years ago. I don’t read anything. I don’t follow anyone. I just keep track of some of my friends in retail & creative. I keep track of sales figures, the state of the industry, what sells, who I want to work with in film.

I read books. Haven’t read comics much in years… Shit writing, crappy generic coloring, I don’t know, I haven’t seen or been shown anything that’s really excited me that’s worth the cover price they charge now except for some of the Verotik trade paperbacks.

I’m an avid reader though. Most of my focus is research for my business goals, loads of hard boiled crime fiction, horror books, biographies of folks like Lew Wasserman, the Warner Brothers, Roger Corman, The Fog of War… I’m interested in Empire & how Empire is built.

Outside of comics you’ve found yourself involved in some interesting court cases. O.J. Simpson and the Miller Brewing Company. Results may vary, but what the fuck happened?!

OJ Simpson sued me when he attempted to trademark OJ. It was my own fault really. I was the dumb ass selling the books on the courthouse steps during the trial, even went right up to Robert Shapiro and slapped a fistful of books into his chest at the court.

So OJ hit me up thinking I’d be easy, like the Dahmer people did. WRONG MOVE. I settled out of court with him, with me on the winning side, giving up nothing.

As for Miller Brewing, they hit me with a cease & desist Notice over my Jeffrey Dahmer: Milwaukee’s Best t-shirts. Since I used a slightly modified logo I took directly from a case of Milwaukee’s Best, I didn’t feel it was an important fight. I walked away from that. Some friends of mine bootlegged the hell out of that shirt anyway, so what did it do for Miller?

Nothing. The shirts went viral & underground. Kids wanted them MORE.

I’ve been dragged into a legal battle between Nancy Collins & Chaos! Comics because I worked for both Verotik and Chaos & Nancy’s a greedy, talentless cunt. She sued Brian Pullido at Chaos. She said Brian stole his character, Chastity, from her, her character Sonja Blue in the Sunglasses After Dark series.

A truly bullshit case that I got pulled into so she could allege that I helped Brian “steal” his character from her. Total horseshit based on her greed to rip a piece offa Brian when his company was running strong. I mean, Brian’s no saint, but this suit was shit and I was/am furious I was ever brought into it. It went nowhere so the dummy, Nancy, made an enemy of me for nothing.

Greedy stupid people do greedy stupid things.

You’ve even had to fight for your right to Wikipedia no?

For a time the Wiki Gods literally declared me “Not Notable” from their own mouths. Then they used capricious stretches of their rules to keep knocking down an entry on myself & my own work.

The way to deal with outlaws & the counter culture in the digital age is to ignore it, pretend it didn’t exist & scrub it out of any online digital tombs. Since these new kids don’t look past the screen, they miss a lot of stuff.

The folks at Wikipedia that had a problem with me, god only knows why, they even started pulling me from references in other peoples entries. It turned into an online war of my supporters trying to infiltrate past their censors, until a true journalist came forward to right things. A real honest to god gutsy journalist who wanted to set the record straight.

For that, yes, I am indeed grateful. Unfortunately, there’s still no official entry on Boneyard Press or American Horrors.

What could other corporations with deep pockets trying to get into the comic business learn from the way Marvel has handled their "relationship" with Independents?

I would tell them to not play nice. Don’t be fooled. Fight to kill.

You’re dealing with sodomites & liars. Go to war and be sincere in your desire to win, carve yourself an audience. If these giants had their way, you would not exist except to fill their yokes pulling their carts.

So go for it. Fuck them. Make your mark without guilt or fear.

Besides employing numerous talented writers/artists and other people, Is there anything that the Big Two ARE doing right anything positive that you can see, when you survey the landscape?

They’ve both done a tremendous job in taking their visions to the big screen & translating that excitement onto the big screen. I mean, I grew up a “Make Mine Marvel” maniac. I know those characters at DC & Marvel in & out. I’m enjoying the various movies & tv shows immensely. I fuckin’ LOVED The Avengers kickin’ ass in 3D and Joss Whedon got the characters & team dynamics DOWN. Great job, Joss! I’m happy to see my childhood heroes make the jump to the big screen.

The sad thing is that they are unable to translate that excitement of the big screen back to the comics retailer. They’ve done a terrible job of making sure their products are placed at affordable prices in places where new readers can come into contact with them.

Where’s the Value 3 Packs at the drug store? Comics at the 7-Eleven? Books a kid could actually afford with his/her allowance? Where a kid can buy it on their own? They don’t know anything about growing their market, only strip mining it.

As these comics publishers have gone more corporate I’ve found them making the big corporate mistakes, customer service, customer value, they forgot all that. If they had a clue they’d make products for the market, putting their comics into literacy programs for prisoners like Boneyard Press did, donating their products to battered women's shelters, families at risk shelters, you know, like Boneyard Press did.

You have to reach out & GROW your market instead of penning it off & stripping it to the bone.

Other Odds, Interests and Endings…

How long have you been an MMA fan? I’m a big Rhonda Rowdy Rousey fan and a supporter of Women’s MMA in General.

Funny you should mention Rhonda… I was at UFC 157 keeping an eye on her little sister for her mother, Dr. De Mars. We just kicked ass on the Spirit Lake Kickstarter campaign raising $$$ to develop a computer game to teach kids math. Rhonda’s family ROCKS. I’m a big fan of her and her family. I’ve enjoyed working with Dr. De Mars, a Judo pioneer, immensely.

As for me… I’ve been a martial arts fan since I was a little kid reading Master of Kung Fu & Iron Fist. I saw the very first UFC with the other instructors from my Tae Kwan Do club in the early 90’s and we were ALL floored by what we saw. That’s when MIXED Martial Arts came onto my radar.

I’ve been a major fan ever since and yeah, I wanted to thank Dana White, thanks for saving the UFC. There. I said it.

How long have you been rolling?

I first started my martial arts training in hard striking styles in 1987 where I got to train with world Wu Shu champions, the Ho brothers, who did loads of in costume stunts in the Teenage Mutant Ninja [Turtles] live action movies. The U of I was a real hot bed for martial arts. I got to train with guys from the Olympic Tae Kwan Do team, some professional kick boxers & ruffians. I loved it.

When I moved to Los Angeles I found my way to Gokor & Gene LeBell’s Hayastan Academy, sometime around 1996 or ’97, that’s when I started rolling on the matt. Training there, becoming friends with Gokor & Gene, that’s another lifelong dream come true. Bill Superfoot Wallace, Roddy Pipper, the German Olympic Judo Team, Benny The Jet Urquidez… so many amazing martial arts minds have come through their doors, so many champions… It’s an amazing place to get to train, amazing instruction.

I’ve been out of training for a few years. I had to take a break to take care of my wife during her fight with cancer. Now that she’s kicked cancer’s ass I’m back in the dojo bumpin’ & bruisin’ & having the best time.

I just read up that you’re from Champaign Illinois. That’s about an hour and a half from where I live now. How do you like my home town of SoCal?

Life in Los Angeles can be pretty amazing.

You can bump into almost anyone at any time out here. Great bars, great food, cool bands every night, I mean, if you want to get out & mix it up, you can do it big time.

I got to discover Gene & Gokor’s world out here. I got to work with crazy maniacs like Glenn Danzig out here, drink & party with my heroes, it’s a crazy wonderful place fearful dream crushing/empowering place full of contradictions & opportunity. I’ve lived many dreams out here right down to having one of my favorite Howling Werewolves buying me drinks at a local bar.

Life’s pretty good for me & it’s getting better every day.

What is there to do out here? So far I can’t find a good Chinese or Korean BBQ joint. Any Suggestions?

In southern Illinois? Ahahahahaha… Good fuckin’ luck on that one. It was hard enough finding a decent pizza in southern Illinois.

Do you think they should make a Hart D. Fisher action figure? If so, should the variant have a black t-shirt with white print on it giving a message?

Jeax Janovsky made me a “Hart Fisher” action figure that had combat boots, black nails (back then that’s all I painted ’em, now that I’ve met Gene, it’s pink) and a black t-shirt with the Boneyard Press starvin’ baby logo on it… it was based on a Malibu Ken Doll…

That really made me laugh & I’ve got it by my desk to this day.

Thanks Jeaux! Hell ya we need a Hart D. Fisher action figure.

Anything you’d like to plug? Anything coming down the line we should be on the lookout for?

Our American Horrors Christmas Special will be making it's premier on American Horrors Easter Sunday, March 31st. Free for all toe watch: http://www.filmon.com/channel/american-horrors

On the writing front, I’ve got a new short story in The Masters of Taboo (Unearthed Books), new poetry in Men in the Company of Women and, upcoming, The Panty Drawer (Edgar & Lenore’s Publishing House), and I’ve got my collected writings from leading true crime blog In Cold Blog coming out this summer under the title “An American Horror Story” which is about the real life violence behind the scenes at Boneyard Press and my decade long quest to keep a sex crimes killer behind bars.

People are going to have to reconsider everything they think they know about me after they read this book. I pull back the curtain and reveal all the rape, murder and pain I kept from the public during years of publishing.

Getting hired to write for In Cold Blog changed my life. Truly. I was able to come to grips with some very difficult events in my life and the violence in it through my writing for In Cold Blog. This book collects those writings & expands upon them.

It was through this writing that I met Daun Richert-Slagel, the only surviving victim of the Happy Face serial killer. She’s become a real believer & she wrote a very moving introduction to “An American Horror Story”. Talking with her, reading her intro, it’s helped me bury a lot of personal demons. It’s going to haunt people in a way they’re not expecting.

Believe me. 2013 is going to be a big, big big year.

Thanks again Hart, brutal truth isn't always easy to come by.

You can check out American Horrors at AmericanHorrors.com and FilmOn.com. Here's some videos to whet your appetite:

If you can't get enough of Hart Fisher, here's some of his greatest hits from YouTube. There's literally tons more at his YouTube channel, so check that out here.

Written or Contributed by J.M. Hunter

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 969 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Re: You Are Fools if You Don't Read this Interview With Hart

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:29 pm

Awesome stuff. I could listen to these stories all day.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 311 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:28 pm

Nice job, Hunter! Great interview!

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Beast!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:39 pm

Thanks fellas.

Liam Rodgers
cheese

Liked in: 101 posts
Title: Chronic MasterDebator
Formerly: The Beast

Postby Liam Rodgers » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:29 am

Lord Simian wrote:Nice job, Hunter! Great interview!

Indeed, it's even good for a second read through.

That is a great interview, Hunter, very respectful and informative. I always wondered what Fisher was up to, it's good to see he's still hard at work.

b.lumpkin
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 25 posts
Title: rebel from the waist down
Formerly: barrylincoln

Postby b.lumpkin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:12 am

Really great interview
Piqued my interest and improved my awareness of Mr fisher's work

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Ntikrst wrote:
Indeed, it's even good for a second read through.

That is a great interview, Hunter, very respectful and informative. I always wondered what Fisher was up to, it's good to see he's still hard at work.

Oh yea more to come! Thanks for reading it....2x!!!! :-D

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:18 pm

b.lumpkin wrote:Really great interview
Piqued my interest and improved my awareness of Mr fisher's work

Appreciate you checking out B.L. Mucho Gracias. :drunk

Christian Beranek
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: You Are Fools if You Don't Read this Interview With Hart Fisher. FOOLS!

Postby Christian Beranek » Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:10 pm

So true there's no real money in comics. Love your spirit. Keep the fight alive.

manonmars
Faster Pussycat

Postby manonmars » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Yeah, I read it. But I also read this and after checking my own copy of the Garbage Man dvd I have to say that I'm no longer a Hart Fisher fan. YouTube: 7ZXnifkw8GM and j6oPJWoC4Ic Seriously? Ripping off your former friend?

Hart Fisher
FACEBOOKTron

Liked in: 208 posts
Title: DOCILE ROBOT

RE: You Are Fools if You Don't Read this Interview With Hart Fisher. FOOLS!

Postby Hart Fisher » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:45 pm

That guy in those slanderous youtube videos is lying about me. He's the one who stole my copyrights & Flowers on the Razorwire characters. Those youtube videos are full of outrageous lies. You're talking about the feature length Flowers on the Razorwire film directed by someone who stabbed me in the back and has been stalking me now for years. You go ask Joseph Linsner about this guy's character. Ask the comics creators who've sued him for misusing their artwork. I had to get a lawyer to deal with this guy & to keep him from screwing creators out of their film credits in the movie, I ended up putting the finished 6.1 surround sound film on the shelf. This guy went behind everyone's back & tried to sell an inferior bootleg version of the film. Look at his career and what he's done during all this time, who he's attacking & slandering, then come back and tell me you're not a fan anymore. Thanks for taking the time to get MY side of the story before you passed judgement, then ask yourself why this film is not legally for sale in Amazon.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand