Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Um, you guys are reading Ellis' Moon Knight, right? RIGHT?!?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rob Thompson

Zombie Guard

Postby Rob Thompson » Wed May 07, 2014 10:28 am

I haven't tried this yet, but I keep hearing nothing but good things about it thus far. I am a bit gun-shy to give Moon Knight another shot; I love the character, but the last few attempts to revive him have left me cold. That said, Ellis has never disappointed me. Eventually I will have to give this a bash. I just think I will wait for the first (inevitable) trade.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon May 12, 2014 12:08 pm

Miracloman wrote:Nope.
But I have quit reading comics altogether about three years or so ago .

I don't think I could ever quit.

jarthurradley

expert hobo killer

Postby jarthurradley » Tue May 13, 2014 7:59 pm

The Ellis Moon Knight makes the Bendis Moon Knight look like a flaming bag of poop.

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed May 14, 2014 9:59 am

jarthurradley wrote:The Ellis Moon Knight makes the Bendis Moon Knight look like a flaming bag of poop.

I only read the first issue of Bendis run.
And yeah, Ellis was much better.

Rikk Odinson

Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed May 14, 2014 4:59 pm

Three issues in and still freakin' awesome!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Wed May 14, 2014 9:20 pm

It's good, but I feel like there should be more. Issues are really short. I just read a bunch of comics where a lot of stuff happens, then this is like bing bang boom goodnight. It really feels like Fell but more pages with bigger panels (Fell used a 4x4 panel per page sequence if I remember correctly). This one uses a 5x1 (generally), so it feels short. I'm kind of questioning the $4 price point. Fell was like $2 or something...

Marvel is doing a good job making their books feel more "indie" but it's kind of making me wonder if there's something missing. This, Hawkeye and Silver Surfer are all great but kind of leaving me wanting more but not in a "I can't wait for next issues!!" kind of way.

leave a comment with facebook