Friday, September 30, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Do you like Mark Millar's work?

What say thee?

Yay!
89%
Nay!
11%
  Total votes : 9

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:57 am

Mr E wrote:His stuff is either very good or very bad. He is currently writing one of my favorite comics on the market in the Ultimates, but he's had some real stinkers as well. His run on Authority blew so many goats that there is a specific beastiality law named for it.

I agree on the first bit. He runs very hot or very cold. Ultimates, Most of Ultimate X-Men, Swamp Thing, Authority and Chosen very very good. Spidey, Ult F4, Wanted, Unfunnies, not good. Red Son, however, is probably right up there with Secret Identity as one of the best Superman stories ever. He shows that he gets Lex and Clark perfectly, and when he gets something, he knocks it outta the park.
Oh yeah, and I have some old UK Streets of Rage comics he did - awesome.

DrTzinTzin

Postby DrTzinTzin » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:11 am

Mr E wrote:His stuff is either very good or very bad. He is currently writing one of my favorite comics on the market in the Ultimates, but he's had some real stinkers as well. His run on Authority blew so many goats that there is a specific beastiality law named for it.

The Miller Caprinae Molestation law.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Apr 21, 2006 4:51 am

Yes.

alan reut

Mad Hatter

Postby alan reut » Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:06 am

I'm not TOO familiar with his work, but there was one issue he wrote that I absolutely loved...it was an issue of Swamp Thing that Phillip Hester and Kim Demulder drew, and the story was this girl got a chain letter, and she ignored it, and all osrts of bad stuff happened to her. I thought it was a great story but I forget the title and the issue number. Anyone know?

Fo Leon

cheese

Postby Fo Leon » Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:28 pm

Millar is a tight tight writer.

i loved him on Ultimate X-Men, he really totally understood those characters and the freaky sexiness they embodied.

Ultimates was fantabulous. truly a summer flick.

Wolverine was pretty fucking dull. nice art by Romita. some cute moments, but nothing special, and i don't care how illogical and brainless Hush was, at least Hush had a ton of HEART, while Wolvie was just action-action-action.

no Claremont, and no Hama, him.

leave a comment with facebook