Friday, May 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Blacklisted since 2012."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

If YOU were an up-and-coming writer for the Big Two...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zechs

Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:32 am

The Black Bat, but then Dan Didio would find out and hunt me down.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:48 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Shit just got real.

Real shit for real just got real on some real shit.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 am

Lord Simian wrote:
Sold. I'll take two copies. Just retcon out the shit Bendis put him through in Daredevil.

You'd also have to retcon Brubaker turning him into Scourge & killing him.

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:37 am

HNutz wrote:
You'd also have to retcon Brubaker turning him into Scourge & killing him.

I'd let the Scourge bit stand, but I'd retcon the shot killing him. Considering D-Man was normal up until the explosion that left him frozen in ice a la Bucky, I don't think it would be that hard to reconcile all his weird appearances and behavior over the past 20 years as some kind of brain damage. My first issue would open with him going under the knife to fix the problem.

GiveWarAChance

Fagorstorm

Postby GiveWarAChance » Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:48 am

Keb wrote:Real shit for real just got real on some real shit.

Way to turn this thread to shit.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:35 am

GiveWarAChance wrote:Way to turn this thread to shit.

I'm taking a shit right now.

StarCruncher

Outhouse Drafter

Postby StarCruncher » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:11 am

I love Doom Patrol, but I wouldn't do that title justice so I'd *want* an upper-tier talent (like Log-Man) to take on that group.

I have a soft spot for the morts, so for DC I'd want to tackle the second Outsiders team or Primal Force. Maybe even Global Guardians.
For Marvel I'd like to tackle a mort villains title, but it seems like they're pretty much doing that.
MikeinLA wrote:Metamorpho. The character and his background is a nice blend of weird science, hidden history, and corporate hi-jinks.
YES. I would love to see Rex get a solo title! 8)

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:15 am

Cloak and Dagger of course. :wink:

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:17 am

Keb wrote:I'm taking a shit right now.

I've had enough of this shit.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:20 am

Rookies of S.H.E.I.L.D, a book about people coming into the program and learning to become agents and the their missions.

Otherwise

Stars and S.T.R.I.P.E.S.

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:26 pm

I think there's ALWAYS potential for something like Exiles but the last series never really had time to find its footing...

Weapon X was a fun book but I don't know where it would fit into the current MU.

I'd also write a Deadman book like a modern day Quantum Leap & the Question like DC's Person of Interest but that's not really in the cards either.

achilles

Fagorstorm

Postby achilles » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:30 pm

Power Girl, LEGION, Ghost Rider, Silver Sable.

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:31 pm

I'd also love to write a bickering buddy road-trip book featuring Speedball and Richard Rider as the real Nova. This book would retcon Penance entirely (it was Darrion Grobe returned from the grave and gone totally nutty, if you understood that congratulations you are a nerd) and of course guest former New Warriors frequently.

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:44 pm

Nothing. I couldn't lower myself to writing on a big 2 comic unless they guaranteed me I could drastically change the status quo and my changes couldn't be retconned.

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:48 pm

Jubilee wrote:Nothing. I couldn't lower myself to writing on a big 2 comic unless they guaranteed me I could drastically change the status quo and my changes couldn't be retconned.

:smt005

leave a comment with facebook