Thursday, December 8, 2016 • Morning Edition • "All nerds welcome. Bring your own toilet paper."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Your Top Avengers!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:07 pm

chap22 wrote:1.Iron Man -- truthfully, just missed my top 10
2.Thor --he's in there
3.Sentry -- not even a blip on the radar
4.Hank Pym -- in there
5.Wonder Man -- just missed
6.Doctor Strange -- meh, he's a Defender
7.Captain Marvel(Monica) -- like her, but she didn't sniff top 10
8.Justice -- just missed
9.Quicksilver -- just missed
10.Ares -- not even a blip


Iron Man didn't make your Top 10? I'll be honest I included all the Busiek defined founders. So I just had to come up with another five and that was fairly easy. Not including Iron Man in an Avengers list just seemed wrong.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:10 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Iron Man didn't make your Top 10? I'll be honest I included all the Busiek defined founders. So I just had to come up with another five and that was fairly easy. Not including Iron Man in an Avengers list just seemed wrong.


i may be off on my order, but IIRC, my top 10 was:

Cap
Hawkeye
Thor
Vizh
Witch
Beast
Hank Pym
Black Knight
Jan
Luke Cage

Tony would've been 11.
User avatar

Jack Burton

biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:19 pm

chap22 wrote:i may be off on my order, but IIRC, my top 10 was:

Cap
Hawkeye
Thor
Vizh
Witch
Beast
Hank Pym
Black Knight
Jan
Luke Cage

Tony would've been 11.


Luke Cage? Wow I wouldn't have expected that from you chap. Before I quit the Bendis Avengers he was the only thing about his run I liked. Cage on the Avengers was an awesome addition but I don't think he's earned a top 10 spot yet.

My list looks likes yours except minus Black Knight, Beast and Cage and add Wonder Man, Iron Man and Black Panther.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Luke Cage? Wow I wouldn't have expected that from you chap. Before I quit the Bendis Avengers he was the only thing about his run I liked. Cage on the Avengers was an awesome addition but I don't think he's earned a top 10 spot yet.

My list looks likes yours except minus Black Knight, Beast and Cage and add Wonder Man, Iron Man and Black Panther.

Cage is pretty much the ONLY thing i like about Bendis's stuff, and i think he fits fantastically in the Avengers; even better than Iron Fist, who i like better as a character. i gotta give credit where due.

and Panther and Simon are in my top 20, they just couldn't quite crack the top 10. and Dane Whitman's just my boy. second to Cap, he was pretty much my favorite Avenger from the Stern run.
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:19 pm

chap22 wrote:bollocks. i read Incredible Herc's first arc. that dude's a villain to the core, always was, always will be. he ain't like Hawkeye or the Widow or the Witch, where his heart's in the right place...he's like Sabretooth in the X-Men. it's just a matter of time before he gets bored and bites 'em in the ass.


You're wrong. You need to read the Ares mini, it was teh awesome and sets up some of what you see in Sacred Invasion.

Hab
User avatar

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:26 pm

I think Black Panther is the only one from my top 10 to make the list so far. I have my fingers, toes, and eyes crossed that my boy Wonder Man makes the top 10. :-D I think my other picks are shoo-ins.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:03 pm

habitual wrote:You're wrong. You need to read the Ares mini, it was teh awesome and sets up some of what you see in Sacred Invasion.

Hab


F him. still evil.
User avatar

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:25 pm

doombug wrote:Watch Hawkeye mysteriously not make this list because of who is making the thread. :roll:


I so wish.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:43 pm

chap22 wrote:i still say Ares is a bad guy. fucking Bendis... :roll:


Actually, if you think about it: It's a long established tradition in the Avengers to take in former villains and make them into heroes. At least one of who was, if I'm not mistaken, in your top ten! :-D
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:46 pm

Lord Simian wrote:Actually, if you think about it: It's a long established tradition in the Avengers to take in former villains and make them into heroes. At least one of who was, if I'm not mistaken, in your top ten! :-D

but like i said earlier, Hawkeye, the Widow, Wanda & Pietro...they all were reluctant villains at best. Ares is totally unrepentant.
User avatar

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:47 pm

chap22 wrote:but like i said earlier, Hawkeye, the Widow, Wanda & Pietro...they all were reluctant villains at best. Ares is totally unrepentant.


And the Vision?

(And I'd argue that they weren't reluctant villains when they were originally written as such.:))
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:36 pm

chap22 wrote:but like i said earlier, Hawkeye, the Widow, Wanda & Pietro...they all were reluctant villains at best. Ares is totally unrepentant.


Yes an unrepentant CONSTRUCTION WORKER.

That is what he was doing when he was asked to join. :)

Do construction workers file alot of bogus insurance claims?

Is that why you hate them?

Hab

ps that was me doing my Cavuto impersonation :-D
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:39 pm

This is my list:

1. Clint "Yes!!! I ate your sandwich Cap!" Barton
2. Hank Pym - because I love underdogs
3. Captain America - because he's Cap yo'
4. Thor - God of Thunder = bad ass
5. Namor - because his default setting is kick ass first ask later
6. Vision - because everybody needs a computer
7. Hercules - because he's in the coolest Marvel comic atm
8. Black Knight - always bet on black
9. Captain Marvel (monica) - pure energy
10. Black Panther - because Wakanda is a great place to get away from it all



Hab
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:48 pm

Lord Simian wrote:And the Vision?

(And I'd argue that they weren't reluctant villains when they were originally written as such.:))

Hawkeye wanted to be a hero and just got conned. Widow was just working for her country. Witch and Pietro never saw eye to eye with mags and turned on him in their 2nd appearance.

Vision was programmed and immediately overcame it.


reluctant from the get-go. Ares, OTOH, has 40+ years of publication as a Loki-esque bad guy. big difference.
User avatar

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:58 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I so wish.


Okay, good man. Because very honestly and I know you disagree but Hawkeye definitely breaks the top 10. Especially because he was one of the first 10 avengers. Which speaking of:

1. Captain America
2. Hawkeye
3. Mockingbird
4. Scarlet Witch
5. Ant-man (scott lang)
6. Scott Lang
7. Vision
8. Hank Pym aka Yellowjacket
9. Tony Stark
10. Spiderman

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bianco, DarthEwok, Google [Bot], Kravis and 46 guests

cron