Advertisement

Your Top Avengers!

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

BubbaKanoosh
2009 Most Valuable Poster

Liked in: 587 posts
Formerly: BRBKanoosh

Your Top Avengers!

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:08 am

Welcome the Top Avengers thread, where YOU ranked who went where. I always remember threads at the old rama where someone would comment on a Top 25 List that Wizard would do and made no sense. So now, if any character is in a dumbass rank, you can only blame yourselves!!!! I will post a few ranks at at time, so yeah.

The way the voting was conducted, each voter picked their ten favorite Avengers, ranked from 1-10 (1 being most favorite, 10 being least favorite). For first place, the character was given 10 points, for second - 9 points, for third - 8 points, and so on and so forth. Then, all the points were added up, and ranked in order of points received.

Also, in any case of a tie (which there were actually only 4), they will be broken by who got more first place votes. If that number was tied, it went to second place votes, etc etc etc. Seems reasonable enough to me, so without any further delay, let the countdown begin...

40. Sandman (2 points)

Until this list, I completely forgot that Sandman was an Avenger. I remember him being part of Silver Sables group. I kinda dug that title, anywho. I am glad Sandman is back to being a villain, I just wish they made him better in Spiderman 3.

39. Jack of Hearts & Tigra 3 points)

ImageImage

I liked this characer, I remember waaaaay back in the day I always use to play him in the Marvel Roleplaying game. Anywho, Jack of Hearts was a key member of the Avengers when Kang and his son tried to take over the planet. Then he had to fly off into space cuz he was going to go kablooie. Now that is a hero. Too bad Scarlet Witch brought his animated corpse back down to earth, whcih promptly blew up outside Avengers Mansion setting off Avengers Dissassemblred. Yay.

And Tigra, last seen getting bitch slapped by Jigsaw. Well, thats the last time I have saw her. A shining moment in her career, yes? I find it somewhat disturbing thought when people call her "hot". She has a tail and fur. Ewww.
Last edited by BubbaKanoosh on Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:08 pm, edited 11 times in total.

Advertisement

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:29 am

38. Arachne (4 Points)

Oh Arachne, one of the many women that went by the name Spider Woman. Again, another character I liked. I remember her being part of Freedom Force, then West Coast Avengers, then Forceworks. Then she vanished away for a while until she became part of Omega Flight aka ForceWorks 2.0. I'm cool with that I suppose, I just wish Bendis didn't have to kill the rest of Alpha Flight to make this happen. Again, Canada gets no respect.

37. Triathalon (5 points)

How the hell did this get get more points then Arachne? Whatever, I can say I don't know much bout this character other then the fact he can run really fast and he merged with 3D Man? Did I even get that right? Please, correct me of I am wrong bout this. Second thought, nevermind. I really don't care enough bout this character to learn more.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 494 posts

Postby HNutz » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:34 am

I was gonna vote, but I didn't think you wanted to get 40 PMs that said "Hawkeye".

8)

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:36 am

HNutz wrote:I was gonna vote, but I didn't think you wanted to get 40 PMs that said "Hawkeye".

8)

Don't get me started on that him... :evil:

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:48 pm

The next was a three way tie, but some got higher rankings then others, so that broke the tie, which was a 3way btw....

36. Starfox (6 points)

Man-slut here got voted the bottom of the 3way, which I am sure he was been in fair share of. With one 9th slot, and four 10th slots. Eros here, a member of the Eternal race, is the brother of Thanos. Man, those family gathering must be awkward eh?

35. Falcon (6 points)

Yep, Captain America's long standing partner in crime here was the 2nd place in the third way tie with two 8th place votes. Not that I don't love this character, I do, but I never see him as an Avenger. I see him more as Captain America's partner. Still, here he is. Voila.

34. Iron Fist (6 points)

Hasn't been an Avenger for a long time, but someone felt he was there 5th best Avenger ever. Honestly, I am kinda glad Iron Fist is back in the limelight again. God, I love his series.
Last edited by BubbaKanoosh on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:24 pm

Ok. More to come later on. Gonna run errands and stuff.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:39 pm

Falcon, Starfox and Iron Fist in a 3 way. I'd buy the Hardcover of that.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

zombiemichaeljackson
rubber spoon

Liked in: 0 post

Postby zombiemichaeljackson » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:39 pm

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Hasn't been an Avenger for a long time, but someone felt he was there 5th best Avenger ever.

I thought this was favorite Avengers, not best.

Mr. Batman

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Mr. Batman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:55 pm

It says X-Men in the OP

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:04 pm

Mr. Batman wrote:It says X-Men in the OP
Spoiler alert, man!!!

You're actually going to go through each one?

Mr. Batman

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby Mr. Batman » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:14 pm

john lewis wrote:Spoiler alert, man!!!

What do you mean?.

john lewis hawk
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: not here

Postby john lewis hawk » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:25 pm

Mr. Batman wrote:What do you mean?.
First comment's a bad joke and the second's to Bubba.

Comic_Doctor
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Tag Team

Postby Comic_Doctor » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:04 pm

Thanks for doing this list BubbaKanoosh. I'm looking forward to the rest of the results, and seeing where my voted Avengers landed. So far I see Tigra on there :)

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:31 pm

twoheads wrote:I thought this was favorite Avengers, not best.

Best. Top. Fav.

Whatever. Either way someone thought he was 5th from the top.
Last edited by BubbaKanoosh on Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BubbaKanoosh

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:32 pm

john lewis wrote:

Yes. Yes I am.

Why? Because I love you all.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand