Thursday, December 13, 2018 • Midnight Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Zdarsky Signs Exclusive Agreement With Marvel

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:49 pm

Creator widely known to be associated with "Sex Criminals"

Source: ZDARSKY Signs MARVEL Exclusive, Allowed to 'Do Whatever He Wants (Maybe)'

Marvel has signed an "exclusive agreement" with writer/artist Chip Zdarsky. Terms such as the length of the exclusivity and whether he can continue his creator-owned work (such as being the artist with writer Matt Fraction on Sex Criminals) have not been disclosed. He is currently writing Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man and Marvel Two-In-One for Marvel.

Zdarsky, of course, sounded pleased about the deal:

"I'm thrilled to be with Marvel" … "This deal means I get to do whatever I want with whatever characters I want and nobody can stop me, which is great. I feel reinvigorated, like someone slapped a new #1 on me and, honestly? I couldn't be happier."

Marvel EIC C.B. Cebulski echoed Zdarsky's claim… sort of:

"We're proud to have him as part of the Marvel family and to let him do whatever he wants with whatever characters he wants. Maybe."

Could it mean that Spider-Man will officially turn to "spiderman" as Zdarsky loves to refer to him as on his Twitter account? Maybe.

In the announcement regarding the exclusive agreement, it was also revealed that Zdarsky would be writing two annuals: Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #1 with artist Mike Allred and Marvel Two-In-One Annual #1 with artist Declan Shalvey.

spectacularspiderman2018annual.jpgPeter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man Annual #1 (2018) cover by Mike Allred

marvel2inoneinfironmancvr.jpgMarvel Two-In-One Annual #1 (2018) cover by Chip Zdarsky

Written or Contributed by sdsichero

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:34 pm

As long as he continues to put out series I like like Marvel Two-In-One he can do whatever he wants.

Rebirth NoctourneM

Rain Partier

Postby Rebirth NoctourneM » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:45 pm

Praise Jesus

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:54 pm

Give him the books now, Marvel. Give him all the books.

Or at least all the books that Aaron isn't writing.

Magic Sam

Mad Hatter

Postby Magic Sam » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:12 pm

Sex Criminals is great.

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:55 am

Marvel are listening? Give this man Fantastic Four.

GIVE.
IT.
TO.
HIM.

Johnny Smith

biny little tird

Postby Johnny Smith » Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:57 am

Stephen Day wrote:As long as he continues to put out series I like like Marvel Two-In-One he can do whatever he wants.

even stuff like this?

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:24 am

Marvel has signed an "exclusive agreement" with writer/artist Chip Zdarsky. Terms such as the length of the exclusivity and whether he can continue his creator-owned work (such as being the artist with writer Matt Fraction on Sex Criminals) have not been disclosed. He is currently writing Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man and Marvel Two-In-One for Marvel.

In the past, "Marvel Exclusive" basically seemed to mean "Can't Work For DC" (and vice versa).

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:35 pm

HNutz wrote:
In the past, "Marvel Exclusive" basically seemed to mean "Can't Work For DC" (and vice versa).

That's the typical arrangement. I'd guess that was the case here, but it wasn't explicitly stated so thought I'd note it.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:49 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
even stuff like this?

Marvel Two-In-One is sooooooo worth it.

leave a comment with facebook