Wednesday, August 24, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "But first you're gonna blow me!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Too Lazy to Read (Comics)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:54 pm

This happens to me occasionally, the loss of interest in comics and fiction more generally. In fact, I find myself in such a slump right now. I know that the average issue takes 10 minutes or less to read. But I haven't been able to pick up a book in half a year, possibly longer. I have all the Velvet issues, for example, just sitting on a stack. And even though initially I had looked forward to this series, I can't bring myself to flip open the first issue. What's stranger is that I know that I'll probably love the book once I start. But I just can't start. I just don't want to read anything.
User avatar

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:01 pm

I get like that but I don’t think it’s disinterest. Laziness probably, easier to watch tv. :)

I like reading with something on tv, wrestling mostly.
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:03 pm

it's probably because of that meat your wife made you eat
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:33 pm

I get like that with other media, books, TV shows, films etc, but never with comics.

It's weird, I'm always in the mood for the medium.
User avatar

Pink_Orchid

The Virgin Connie Swail

Postby Pink_Orchid » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Switching to digital helped me somewhat. I'm really enjoying the panel by panel feature that Comixology uses. Before I had a comic read in two or three minutes, this forces me to slow down and take it in.

Maybe you just need to try comics in a different way.
User avatar

Gummahfan

Tip Top Dancer

Postby Gummahfan » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:17 pm

Here is your solution: Read one in the bathroom. Once you break the seal you'll be pouring through the rest. Also, if it's the only thing in there with you, you will read it.
User avatar

Pizza Dog

Dog of Pizza

Postby Pizza Dog » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:18 pm

I find I read most of my comics on my way to and from work. Also, when on my lunch break at work. :D

At home, I read less due to there being distractions and what not. :|
User avatar

Arion

Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:30 pm

Punchy wrote:I get like that with other media, books, TV shows, films etc, but never with comics.

It's weird, I'm always in the mood for the medium.


I'm always in the mood too. But also I always watch TV series, go to the movies, and I even try to find some time for theater, books and contemporary art exhibits. A cultural life is a good life, I say.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:37 pm

Rockman wrote:it's probably because of that meat your wife made you eat

:lol:

Squid never forgave me for breaking my diet once in a seven-year period.

By the way, where is Squid? Has he stopped posting?
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:44 pm

He got upset a couple of months ago at someone and decided he needed a break.

I think that someone was Jude :lol:
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:53 pm

Rockman wrote:He got upset a couple of months ago at someone and decided he needed a break.

I think that someone was Jude :lol:

Jude? Really? :lol:
User avatar

Rockman

Rain Partier

Postby Rockman » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:57 pm

yeah all that stuff with Tess Fowler a couple months back.
User avatar

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:57 pm

I had to google Tess Fowler. Had no idea about the harassment story.

Anyway, I finally read a comic. Actually, I read three comics. The first three issues of Velvet. extremely enjoyable reads.
User avatar

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 am

Eli Katz wrote:This happens to me occasionally, the loss of interest in comics and fiction more generally. In fact, I find myself in such a slump right now. I know that the average issue takes 10 minutes or less to read. But I haven't been able to pick up a book in half a year, possibly longer. I have all the Velvet issues, for example, just sitting on a stack. And even though initially I had looked forward to this series, I can't bring myself to flip open the first issue. What's stranger is that I know that I'll probably love the book once I start. But I just can't start. I just don't want to read anything.

I get like this. Right now I am because I haven't been able to really get ahead with school work (stupid teachers college) and I'm exhausted from reading School Neuropsychology and Multiculturalism and Diversity in Learning textbooks. They are the worst.

I also haven't been to the comic shop in a while. I'm not really keeping track of what's been coming out.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: achilles, Cavemold, chap22, crawley, MikeinLA, Punchy, Sully85 and 99 guests