Advertisement

Justice League Of America #13 Preview

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 203 posts

Justice League Of America #13 Preview

Postby LOLtron » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:21 pm

Justice League Of America #13  Preview

Stargirl and Manhunter's solo mission comes to an end. And inadvertently so does the purpose that this League was created for.

Source: Comics Continuum previews

DC's solicit:

The fate of the Justice League revealed!  Will Manhunter and Stargirl be alive long enough to learn the truth?

Also offered as a Combo-Pack Edition that includes a redemption code for a digital download of this issue. 

Written by:  Matt Kindt
Art by:  Eddy Barrows, Tom Derenick (pencils);  Eber Ferreira, Marc Deering, Allen Martinez (inks)
Cover by:  Eddy Barrows, Eber Ferreira
Robot Chicken Variant Cover by:  RC Stoodios
32 pages
$3.99  (US)
Combo-Pack Edition:  $4.99  (US)
On sale:  March 12, 2014

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Justice League Of America #13 Preview

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:00 pm

As usual, the art in this title does not disappoint.

But OMG, Kindt ! Get to the fucking real point already ! :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 52 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:58 pm

Man, this issue kind of pissed me off. I don’t even really want to write about it.

Basically, Stargirl fights Despero, gets a glimpse at his origins, and basically works out that the events of the last 5 or whatever issues haven’t really happened. She and Martian Manhunter never actually left their mental prison, and it was all in their heads as Despero attempts to manipulate them, and to have Star-Girl give into her weaknesses and fears like all of the other Justice Leaguers have. This brings J’Onn back, as he was never actually dead, and he tells Stargirl that her fighting back, even though she’s back where she started, wasn’t meaningless, as he was able to get back in touch with Steve Trevor, who’s going to come rescue them, but they need to get Wonder Woman first. This might all be another manipulation by Despero though, who knows, and frankly, who cares?

I know no superhero story actually matters in the grand cosmic scheme of things, but the fact that the last few issues have all only been in service of giving us some Stargirl origin flashbacks just makes them a waste of money. I wanted to read ‘Forever Evil’ tie-ins with substance, like the Justice League ones have been, not stuff that was ‘all a dream’. Now, as Manhunter says, some of this stuff did happen in a way that will stick, but at this point… whatever.

I did like the appearance of Ronnie Raymond and Jason Rusch fighting each other, and the explanation of how the detonation of the prison is actually tied to their argument, and the art from Barrows was once again solid, but yeesh, this story has been, unless you’re a massive Stargirl fan, a waste of time.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 296 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:08 pm

I was getting confused as things progress elsewhere in this event; namely, Stargirl and J'Onn were searching for Firestorm and they had to cross the country to the west coast to do so, yet he's actually been in the basement on the east coast.

So, congrats to Kindt for having this make sense.

Other than that, I too feel this was a bit of a waste. And I don't get Despero's end game. If Firestorm blows up (which seems to be the plan) J'Onn would be dead and whatever Despero is seeding into J'Onnz mind is meaningless (unless Despero was seeding a way for them to get out, which doesn't make sense why he would want to save them).

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews