Advertisement

Superior Spider Man #31

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 174 posts
Title: Self Important

Superior Spider Man #31

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:47 pm

groan. Thats pretty much all there is to say about this issue. There is nothing surprising or interesting that is worth noting, Spider-man sucks.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Re: Superior Spider Man #31

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:53 pm

oh and Green Goblin was Norman with plastic surgery.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 118 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:23 am

guitarsmashley wrote:oh and Green Goblin was Norman with plastic surgery.

Liz and Stone being part of Goblin Nation just so Alchemax could grow for Normie to have a good future was a neat twist. Also the purse line was good.

Still....how does a depowered broken handed man in a green and purple simply run away from Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 the later who wasn't even effected by Liz "accidentally" hitting the Spider-Jammer. And Pete SIMPLY allows this because Liz was a good person in the past.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
I still enjoyed him owning Norman in just one page.

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:26 am

Zechs wrote:Liz and Stone being part of Goblin Nation just so Alchemax could grow for Normie to have a good future was a neat twist. Also the purse line was good.

Still....how does a depowered broken handed man in a green and purple simply run away from Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 the later who wasn't even effected by Liz "accidentally" hitting the Spider-Jammer. And Pete SIMPLY allows this because Liz was a good person in the past.

I still enjoyed him owning Norman in just one page.

I read very few issues spiderman over the last 5 years? So not much connection for me but overall its all very just bland.

- Les Paul

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:49 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
I read very few issues spiderman over the last 5 years? So not much connection for me but overall its all very just bland.

I wouldn't call it bland just rushed and you get no satisfaction. Save for two things I was meh about it. The hero undoes the villain's scheme in just 29 pages. It needed to be a bigger issue or another issue to be done. At the end you just can't help but scratch your head and say, "That's it?"

I'm guessing their saving the Alchemax stuff for PAD and Spider-Man 2099. Though by doing so it lessens the ending here. Which is a shame because I wanted Stone to end up the top dog by this stories' end.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:42 am

I agree the story wrapped way too fast.

- Les Paul

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:54 am

Zechs wrote:I wouldn't call it bland just rushed and you get no satisfaction. Save for two things I was meh about it. The hero undoes the villain's scheme in just 29 pages. It needed to be a bigger issue or another issue to be done. At the end you just can't help but scratch your head and say, "That's it?"

I'm guessing their saving the Alchemax stuff for PAD and Spider-Man 2099. Though by doing so it lessens the ending here. Which is a shame because I wanted Stone to end up the top dog by this stories' end.

I certainly agree as the biggest gripe I had with Goblin Nation was that there was much more that could have been done with the arc as the impact that Norman's Goblin army had over NY wasn't felt. I mean we never really saw the reaction the other heroes had in the city to all those goblins and it felt like a rehash of Maximum Carnage in the 90s. Also, I am not really feeling the character assassination Slott is doing on Liz because it doesn't feel plausible she would work with the goblins willingly due to the fact that she's had a lot of bad blood with many of them in the past. I really hope someone reverses or ignores the direction they took Liz as it's just lame and forced.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 158 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm

Other than the end of Ock as Spider-Man it was a pretty by the book story.

Biggest twist was revealing the origin of Alchemax as a Norman Osborn master plan. Seemed like a cool way to bridge 2099's big antagonist with this era's biggest Spider-Man villain...don't know if Peter David did that in his series but it seemed like a very logical choice.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm

I'm just curious where this goes from here. Norman is now "sane" again and thinking clear, but he's depowered and has both his hands kind of broke. But, Kingsley is out there already scheming anew and fully powered. Plus one assumes Phil will run to either him or Kingpin.

I'm curious where they'll go with Goblins from here on out. I'm kind of surprised Phil made it out without a scratch.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Draco x likes this post.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:25 pm

but norman is eventually going to look like this.

- Les Paul

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 194 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Zechs wrote:I'm just curious where this goes from here. Norman is now "sane" again and thinking clear, but he's depowered and has both his hands kind of broke. But, Kingsley is out there already scheming anew and fully powered. Plus one assumes Phil will run to either him or Kingpin.

I'm curious where they'll go with Goblins from here on out. I'm kind of surprised Phil made it out without a scratch.

I am guessing that Norman at some point will regain his strength through some deus ex plot device and will get more facial surgery to look like his old self. As for Phil, I don't really see where else Slott can take him as a villain as the only thing I see in his future is him getting arrested or getting his ticket punched.
On the other hand, I am guessing that Kingsley and Osborn are going to run into each other again with Norman having a major disadvantage without the goblin formula. Let's hope Slott can make a good story come out of this somehow.

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Postby Zechs » Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:19 am

Draco x wrote:
I am guessing that Norman at some point will regain his strength through some deus ex plot device and will get more facial surgery to look like his old self. As for Phil, I don't really see where else Slott can take him as a villain as the only thing I see in his future is him getting arrested or getting his ticket punched.
On the other hand, I am guessing that Kingsley and Osborn are going to run into each other again with Norman having a major disadvantage without the goblin formula. Let's hope Slott can make a good story come out of this somehow.

I don't know about that. I think Kingsley has the real advantage. The man has the modified formula which has no madness and has all his ducks in a row. Norman has to go back to square one.

sdsichero wrote:

Zechs...is...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:46 pm

Draco x wrote:
I certainly agree as the biggest gripe I had with Goblin Nation was that there was much more that could have been done with the arc as the impact that Norman's Goblin army had over NY wasn't felt. I mean we never really saw the reaction the other heroes had in the city to all those goblins and it felt like a rehash of Maximum Carnage in the 90s. Also, I am not really feeling the character assassination Slott is doing on Liz because it doesn't feel plausible she would work with the goblins willingly due to the fact that she's had a lot of bad blood with many of them in the past. I really hope someone reverses or ignores the direction they took Liz as it's just lame and forced.

That can be said for a multitude of events, though.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Zechs wrote:I'm just curious where this goes from here. Norman is now "sane" again and thinking clear, but he's depowered and has both his hands kind of broke. But, Kingsley is out there already scheming anew and fully powered. Plus one assumes Phil will run to either him or Kingpin.

I think after the events of "Silent Invasion" and "Dark Avengers," Norman as Norman is probably both more interesting and more dangerous than Norman as Green Goblin. As GG, he's primarily a thorn in the side to Spidey. As Norman, he's a threat to everyone in the MU.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 357 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Draco x wrote:

Juan Cena wrote:That can be said for a multitude of events, though.

Yeah, I'm just happy that they actually showed the Avengers instead of having them conveniently out of town (along with the FF, the X-Men and everyone else who could lend a hand).

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand