Advertisement

Thoughts On Goblin Nation

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 201 posts

Thoughts On Goblin Nation

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:21 am

Now that Goblin Nation has wrapped up, what are general thoughts on the storyline? My take personally was that it had an interesting premise( Given the fact that I'm a huge Goblin fan) but I felt it could have been better-especially with the lackustre ending we got. Some of the issues I had was that the threat of the Goblin Underground felt too contained as we never really felt the impact that the whole group had on New York aside from sticking it to Spock and several people affiliated with him. I mean this is a town that has the Avengers, SHIELD, FF and is basically home to most of Marvel's super characters and we never saw much of them for most of the run except at the end. Also, I didn't really care for the character assassination of Liz as it makes no sense that she would willingly help Osborn given the fact she hates him and has a bad history with goblins period-I do hope it's revealed that she was brainwashed or forced to help him very soon. And perhaps the biggest gripe is that Ock himself was not in the final issue as this was basically his book when he was posing as Spiderman.
The good stuff was that Superior Spiderman annual where we did get some insight to Phil which showed that he did have some redeeming qualities left with his concern for his uncle's safety, as I don't find Phil interesting at all as a generic Macendale goblin villain which he has been reduced to-hopefully at some point Phil can be redeemed though as the only things I see happening for him now is either getting killed or sent to the Big House.
Overall, I wish the event could have been longer and we got a more detailed look as to what impact the Goblin Underground had on New York during their rampage and that the other heroes were seen earlier in the story. Furthermore, I would love to have seen where characters like Roderick Kingsley or even the Kingpin were during Goblin Nation as they were laying low. Again, I liked the idea of Goblin Nation but I wish we could have gotten more as the ending didn't feel satisfactory.

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 162 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Thoughts On Goblin Nation

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:24 am

Before I contribute to this thread I have to know, did you actually read the story or are you going off internet spoiler posts?

I went down this road once with you where you criticized an earlier issue heavily only to learn you'd never even read it. I believe it happened with syxx as well.

So to spare possible grief, please clarify.

IvCNuB4 likes this post.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:11 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Before I contribute to this thread I have to know, did you actually read the story or are you going off internet spoiler posts?

I went down this road once with you where you criticized an earlier issue heavily only to learn you'd never even read it. I believe it happened with syxx as well.

So to spare possible grief, please clarify.

So basically you have nothing useful to contribute to this thread but to throw the reading accusation argument that's getting old at this point obviously. If you wish to waste energy on that then you're missing the point of the thread.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:19 am

Draco x wrote:
So basically you have nothing useful to contribute to this thread but to throw the reading accusation argument that's getting old at this point obviously. If you wish to waste energy on that then you're missing the point of the thread.

Your evasive answer might as well be a confession. Unless you'd like to set the record straight.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:36 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Your evasive answer might as well be a confession. Unless you'd like to set the record straight.

And you focusing on a predictable accusation that contributes nothing useful proves you don't get the point of this thread. As for clarity, I pretty much said what I liked and didn't like about Goblin Nation already, so not really sure what question you're trying to ask.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:39 am

But if you never read it, is your interpretation solely based on spoiler posts really valid? It's different to read spoilers on a website compared to reading the book and judging it for yourself.

So did you read the book or didn't you? A yes or no with suffice.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:44 am

fieldy snuts wrote:But if you never read it, is your interpretation solely based on spoiler posts really valid? It's different to read spoilers on a website compared to reading the book and judging it for yourself.

So did you read the book or didn't you? A yes or no with suffice.

Of course I read it. Did you think I would have made this post if I haven't followed this event closely? But like I said, this is pretty much an annoying and dumb question in my opinion because this sounds like you really don't get the point of why I made this. Again this reading accusation is getting old and rather annoying, no offense. Like I said before, do you have anything useful to contribute? A yes or no will suffice.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:49 am

Draco x wrote:
Of course I read it. Did you think I would have made this post if I haven't followed this event closely? But like I said, this is pretty much an annoying and dumb question in my opinion because this sounds like you really don't get the point of why I made this. Again this reading accusation is getting old and rather annoying, no offense. Like I said before, do you have anything useful to contribute? A yes or no will suffice.

Yes. Why? Because you've done it before.

Draco x
FROGMAN

Postby Draco x » Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:53 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Yes. Why? Because you've done it before.

Just as I thought. This answer might as well be a confession that you have nothing useful to say, my friend. Not surprised.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand