Advertisement

DC Comics Previews For April 30 (UPDATED)

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 276 posts

DC Comics Previews For April 30 (UPDATED)

Postby LOLtron » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:24 pm

DC Comics Previews For April 30  (UPDATED)

Batman Beyond Universe #9, Scribblenauts Unmasked: Crisis Of Imagination #4, Flash Annual #3, Adventures Of Superman #12, Batman '66 #10, Forever Evil Aftermath: Batman vs Bane #1, Batman Eternal #4, Batwoman Annual #1, Batgirl Annual #2, Green Lantern: New Guardians Annual #2

Source: Comics Continuum / DC Blog

Batman Beyond Universe #9

The epic "Justice Lords Beyond" crossover starts here!  Following the shocking events of Batman Beyond Universe #8, Wonder Woman is back!  But where did she go? And why does she seem like she's hiding something?  Find out in the first part of a 4-part, world-spanning event in both "Batman Beyond" and "Justice League Beyond" !

A DC DIGITAL FIRST !

"Batman Beyond"
Written by:  Kyle Higgins
Art by:  Thony Silas

"Justice League Beyond"
Written by:  Christos N. Gage
Art by:  Dexter Soy

Cover by:  Trevor McCarthy
48 pages
$3.99  (US)

As a crisis rages inside Batman's mind, Maxwell and the Green Lantern Corps take the fight to the allied Yellow and Red Lantern Corps !
A DC DIGITAL FIRST !

Written by:  Josh Elder
Art & Cover by:  Adam Archer
32 pages
$2.99  (US)

The start of a major new arc for the Fastest Man Alive! In the future, The Flash is a broken man. His powers have failed him time and again at great cost to him and the city he has sworn to protect. Now he's coming back to 2014 to stop the one event that destroyed his life. Meanwhile, in the present, Barry Allen must contend with thieves trying to capitalize on the devastation of Forever Evil. It's a tale of two timelines that ushers in one of DC's most storied characters - featuring The New 52 debut of Wally West !

Written by:  Robert Venditti, Van Jensen
Pencils by:  Ron Frenz, Brett Booth
Inks by:  Norm Rapmund, Livesay
Cover by:  Brett Booth, Norm Rapmund
48 pages
$4.99  (US)

Superman has always stood for “Truth, Justice, and the American Way,” but when a new vigilante known as the Demolisher starts cleaning up the streets of Metropolis in a way that Superman never could, the Man of Steel wonders if this new brand of hero is what his city truly needs.

DIGITAL FIRST !

Written by:  Peter Milligan
Art by:  Agustin Padilla, Jose Aviles
Cover by:  Ed Benes
40 pages
$3.99  (US)

It’s summer in Gotham City and there’s no relief from the heat!  But the Commissioner of Cold, that frozen fiend Mr. Freeze, has just the solution! Can Batman blame Mr. Freeze for wanting a snowstorm in the dead heat of summer?
And Batgirl is back in another solo story, as she clashes with Cleopatra. 

Written by:  Jeff Parker
Art by:  David Williams, Kelsey Shannon
Covers by:  Mike Allred
40 pages
$3.99  (US)

The power is back on and supplies have started coming back into Gotham City. But are Gothamites safe and secure with Bane controlling the town? The title says that Batman will return to challenge Bane, but what condition is Batman in after the traumatic events of FOREVER EVIL? This is the one grudge match you won’t want to miss!
Written by:  Peter J. Tomasi
Art by:  Scott Eaton, Jaime Mendoza, Scott Hanna
Cover by:  Scott Eaton, Jaime Mendoza
Variant Cover by:  Kevin Nowlan
32 pages
$3.99  (US)

Batman battles Batgirl as Jim Gordon’s troubles take a turn for the worse!
Written by:  Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, John Layman
Consulting Writers:  Ray Fawkes, Tim Seeley
Art by:  Dustin Nguyen, Derek Fridolfs
Cover by:  Jason Fabok
32 pages
$2.99  (US)

Continued from Batwoman #24
Batwoman vs. Mr. Bones! Will the DEO triumph over Kate, or will she cross the line and free herself for good!  Lingering questions are answered as long-standing conflicts reach their final resolutions.
Written by:  Marc Andreyko
Art by:  Trevor McCarthy, Moritat
Cover by:  Trevor McCarthy
48 pages
$4.99  (US)

It's the start of a new story arc as Batgirl must unravel a mystery centered around her former Birds of Prey teammate, the woman who betrayed her trust - Poison Ivy !
Written by:  Gail Simone
Art by:  Robert Gill, Javier Garron
Cover by:  Clay Mann, Paul Mounts
48 pages
$4.99  (US)

Don’t miss “CURSE OF THE WHITE LANTERN”!  Kyle Rayner is the only being in the universe to survive passing through the Source Wall, the bizarre barrier at the end of space. He should have known there’d be consequences – terrible ones! Kyle’s mind now contains the most dangerous secret in all of creation…and that secret is desperate to get out and get to Earth! Don’t miss the story that plants a crucial seed for the next GREEN LANTERN epic !
Written by:  Justin Jordan
Arty by:  Stephen Segovia, Edgar Salazar
Cover by:  Stephen Segovia
48 pages
$4.99  (US)

Written or Contributed by IvCNuB4

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 416 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: DC Comics Previews For April 30 (UPDATED)

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Updated with Flash Annual #3, Adventures Of Superman #12, Batman '66 #10, Forever Evil Aftermath: Batman vs Bane #1, Batman Eternal #4
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:55 pm

After reading The Flash Annual I now see where they planted an Easter Egg-ish teaser in the preview. Hint:it's the scene with his coffee.
We also find out that twenty years from now:
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
- Barry is distraught over Wally's death and Iris being in a wheel-chair, although she claims it wasn't his fault.
- The Speed force is fractured due to Daniel West traveling back in time and with Future-Grodd still abusing it.
- Barry decides to "run back" and fix things.

This can't bode well :wink:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby Draco x » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:21 pm

It's nice to hear the Justice Lords being mentioned. Apart from that the Batman/Bane conflict looks good( Even though I am not feeling that faux bat suit he has).

CrazyScarecrow
SUSHI FISH

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Mr. CrazyScarecrow to you!
Formerly: Jonathan Crane

Postby CrazyScarecrow » Thu May 01, 2014 10:22 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:After reading The Flash Annual I now see where they planted an Easter Egg-ish teaser in the preview. Hint:it's the scene with his coffee.
We also find out that twenty years from now:
- Barry is distraught over Wally's death and Iris being in a wheel-chair, although she claims it wasn't his fault.
- The Speed force is fractured due to Daniel West traveling back in time and with Future-Grodd still abusing it.
- Barry decides to "run back" and fix things.

This can't bode well :wink:

I don't see the Easter egg. Could you please explain?

CrazyScarecrow
SUSHI FISH

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Mr. CrazyScarecrow to you!
Formerly: Jonathan Crane

Postby CrazyScarecrow » Thu May 01, 2014 10:23 pm

Kyle's book looks cool. I was actually thinking about buying a Kyle book. He sounds a lot like me if I were a superhero. He is a Irish/Mexican cartoonist just like me!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:34 pm

Yeeeaah, I have no idea why I referred to it as an Easter Egg :lol: Yesterday was really hectic for me and I must have used the wrong phrase :?
Anyway it's foreshadowing that
Barry is losing time somehow. Might have to do with the future Speed Force fracture and/or his future-self coming back in time and fucking with the time-stream in the process.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews