Advertisement

Deadpool #30

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Sonofspam
Peanut

Liked in: 17 posts

Deadpool #30

Postby Sonofspam » Thu Jun 12, 2014 2:07 am

I'm a huge Deadpool fan and i've read almost everything that has his name on it and i usually judge a DP book by how many laughs i get that said this is a great book ! even just the cover by Mark Brooks catches your eye and makes you laugh !! :deadpool

I'm not gonna spoil the story but it's basically Deadpool and past Dazzler teaming up to fight enhanced vampires with some subtle shout outs to the last time they met in Gail Simone's run even tho it's not directly referenced.

It's good to see Shikla not turning into a magical dues ex machina which i was afraid of.

The only thing i can complain about is the interior artist John Lucas usually a cartoonish style works really well with a Deadpool book but everyone looks like a weird caricature out of Mad Magazine it's a little over the top and distracting.
Still the story telling is decent and some of the action scenes do pop out.

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 347 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Deadpool #30

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:02 am

Still not sold on the wedding but it's still a great Deadpool book. But every time Shiklah appears I just think the character is so out of place no matter how much the writing tries to make it work.

Sonofspam
Peanut

Liked in: 17 posts

Re: Deadpool #30

Postby Sonofspam » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:28 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Still not sold on the wedding but it's still a great Deadpool book. But every time Shiklah appears I just think the character is so out of place no matter how much the writing tries to make it work.

Well i can see your point certainly and i can sort of begrudgingly agree, but the writers have so far been knocking things out of the park so i'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and see where they are going with this.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand