Wednesday, June 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Trash eaters."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Misleading Covers

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:46 pm

It's a pet peeve of mine when a series has an issue with a cover that promises the reader something and then doesn't deliver. Last week I bought Guardians of the Galaxy #15, an issue that had this cover:

Imagine my surprise after reading this issue and I realized that Carol Danvers didn't appear in even one panel of this issue. What the hell! :smt011

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this issue, but it's annoying to not get the one character that this issue's cover seemed to be absolutely promising.

A Dangerous Vice

Mad Hatter

Postby A Dangerous Vice » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Yeah! In the issue before that she was the cliffhanger. What gives Marvel?

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:59 pm

:lol:

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:02 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote::lol:

You laugh, but imagine my pain. Carol! Where are you Carol! :cry: :cry:
:P :wink:

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:05 pm

Welcome to comics.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:08 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Welcome to comics.

Yeah, I know it happens.

I still hate it when it does. :smt011

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:32 pm

Same thing happened with the last issue of Suicide Squad, most of the characters on the cover were not on a single page of the comic :smt102 :smt011

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:24 am

I remember getting the first issue of Countdown (to Final Crisis) which had all these heroes on the cover, most of whom didn't appear inside the book.

COBRA Command

cheese

Postby COBRA Command » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:15 pm

Nowhere in this book was there a skeleton shooting a machine gun. :cry:

This was the biggest tease ever back in the day. I was so let down that none of the faces were actually shown in this issue.

Johnny Smith

phrase IV

Postby Johnny Smith » Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:06 pm

Stephen Day wrote:It's a pet peeve of mine when a series has an issue with a cover that promises the reader something and then doesn't deliver. Last week I bought Guardians of the Galaxy #15, an issue that had this cover:

Imagine my surprise after reading this issue and I realized that Carol Danvers didn't appear in even one panel of this issue. What the hell! :smt011

Don't get me wrong, I did enjoy this issue, but it's annoying to not get the one character that this issue's cover seemed to be absolutely promising.

It could've been worse. They could have put Wolverine on the cover and not have him appear in even one panel of the issue.

The internet would have broken in half :P

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:19 am

In the opposite direction, this is my favourite unmisleading cover.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:30 am

Amoebas wrote:In the opposite direction, this is my favourite unmisleading cover.

That's an awesome cover. :lol:

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:07 am

Zechs has Cassandra Cain.
You have Carol Danvers.

THIS is what I have learned from this thread. Being that it is not about the old ditty of fans bitching about the cover being drawn by one artist, the interior by another and we all thought it would be the cover artist also delivering the goods on the interior.

But not, this is about your Carol Danvers fet.. fandom.

:-D

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:16 am

The Old Doctor wrote:Zechs has Cassandra Cain.
You have Carol Danvers.

THIS is what I have learned from this thread. Being that it is not about the old ditty of fans bitching about the cover being drawn by one artist, the interior by another and we all thought it would be the cover artist also delivering the goods on the interior.

But not, this is about your Carol Danvers fet.. fandom.

:-D

Actually I don't really care all that much if she's in this series or not. It just bugs me when a cover promises something that the issue itself doesn't deliver. :smt102

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:22 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Actually I don't really care all that much if she's in this series or not. It just bugs me when a cover promises something that the issue itself doesn't deliver. :smt102

You must be younger than I am. I got over the tease cover syndrome long ago. My only thing in similar thought, is when the cover is better then comic period. Story and art. Kind of like those adverts for burgers, they look amazing but the reality is they are really pathetic looking and small. UNLESS they come from 5 Guys.

leave a comment with facebook