Advertisement

Original Sin #4 *spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 79 posts

Original Sin #4 *spoilers*

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:23 pm

Predictable.

Advertisement

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Re: Original Sin #4 *spoilers*

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:28 pm

They blamed Cyclops, didn't they ? :P
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:29 pm

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Everyone shows up at a secret satellite after following the clues they found at their search sites. They run into Bucky, who offers to explain why he decapitated Nick Fury. Then Gamora shows up and goes ape on Bucky (Rocket Raccoon gave her and Moon Knight a lift). During the fight it's revealed that the Nick Bucky killed was a LMD (duh), and the real Nick shows up, visibly aged and with a bunch more LMDs.

I continue yo enjoy the pacing of this event (stuff actually happens every issue!), but this was a pretty boring, predictable issue. Here's hoping that Old Nick's revelations make the next issue a bit more fun.

agentofnothing
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby agentofnothing » Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:57 pm

definitely predicted this outcome, although I loved how the story developed to get everyone there. Also, the unknown Fury space station was great and the ultimate "secret Fury base" that we have always seen pop up in books. One thing, many people mustn't be aware of the Battle Scars series ending where Fury told his son, Fury JR aka 616 Sam Jackson version that "time would catch up on him" now due to using the remaining Infinity Formula on Bucky, Mockingbird, and his son. I'm more curious to find out how well coordinated this outcome for Nick was by all writers involved in those stories. Some websites are running articles that every Fury appearance since WWII has been an LMD, which to me is obviously incorrect or bad writing on Marvel's end without coordinating the character's moments over the past five years. I guess we know who the digitally blurred character is on the Sin cover later in the series us, huh? I'm guessing Nick goes into the field, dies for real, but is infused with some sort of cosmic youth by the other Watchers from Issue 0 allowing him to to be a super human/new Watcher. Oh, by the way, I have no clue who killed the Watcher...and think it's great we are focused more on this haha

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 62 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:27 pm

It was fairly predictable, but I'm OK with that -- this is Nick Fury we're talking about. LMDs are part of the whole deal.

I don't think Fury's been an LMD for an extended period; just since "Battle Scars," when he lost the Infinity Formula. It would just be horrible if Fury was an LMD throughout Secret Warriors, and I don't think Marvel has any reason to do that, TBH.

I am not very good with mysteries, so I don't really have too many guesses about what exactly is going on -- I don't think Nick Fury's behind the death of the Watcher, but as I speculated before, I do think he's been running off-the-books assassinations for years.

I doubt that Marvel would make it a rogue LMD behind it all...I think that's a little too simplistic, but it is certainly possible.

At the end of it...I hope Fury survives and becomes the new Watcher. I understand that fanbases should let characters go, from time to time, but Nick Fury...in his own way, he's important to the Marvel Universe. I understand that someone, somewhere, probably thinks it's confusing to have "Samuel L. Jackson" Fury and the original, but who's fault is that? The readers who like the interactions the original Fury has with the entire Marvel Universe shouldn't have to pay a price for something like that.

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:55 pm

One thing I've learned from this series is that no one likes Bucky, apparently.

2 people like this post.

ElijahSnowFan
cheese

Liked in: 62 posts
Title: I'm like Atrocitus at times

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:01 pm

MrBlack wrote:One thing I've learned from this series is that no one likes Bucky, apparently.

Ha! One of my favorite little jokes that Aaron's using in this thing. :-D :-D

*Sniff, sniff* "Damn it, Diana...If I'd known they would trade us in for a JT Krul-written Captain Atom and "The Savage Hawkman," I'd have let Superboy-Prime destroy all reality."

"Superman flies and is really strong...what the fuck else do you need to know?!" -- Hitler, expressing his displeasure about DC rebooting and complaints about continuity

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 149 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Postby habitual » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:46 pm

When did Battle Scars take place?

Old Fury really threw me off. I have a strong feeling I'm not going to enjoy the outcome of this event.

Hab

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:03 pm

Battle Scars took place right after Fear Itself. It's when we got Black Fury.

A Dangerous Vice
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 49 posts

Postby A Dangerous Vice » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:58 pm

It may have been predictable, but when it is that great - I do not care! What a fantastic story!

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 490 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:51 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:It was fairly predictable, but I'm OK with that -- this is Nick Fury we're talking about. LMDs are part of the whole deal.

I don't think Fury's been an LMD for an extended period; -- I don't think Nick Fury's behind the death of the Watcher, but as I speculated before, I do think he's been running off-the-books assassinations for years.

At the end of it...I hope Fury survives and becomes the new Watcher. I understand that fanbases should let characters go, from time to time, but Nick Fury...in his own way, he's important to the Marvel Universe. I understand that someone, somewhere, probably thinks it's confusing to have "Samuel L. Jackson" Fury and the original, but who's fault is that? The readers who like the interactions the original Fury has with the entire Marvel Universe shouldn't have to pay a price for something like that.

This.

All of this.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 199 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:56 pm

I really hope Fury doesn't become the new Watcher. It's dumb.

I'm all for him finally being separated from the heroes and operating like a truly ruthless spy again though. SHIELD has been toothless for a while now since Cap ran it.

HNutz likes this post.

Sketkh
Whippersnapper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy From That Other Thing

Postby Sketkh » Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:47 pm

I really enjoy how Marvel is taking a chance at trying to do what they've never done before.

"Enjoy" is the right word, Right?
Sketkh Williams, Creator and Showrunner for The Pulp Variety Streamcast

http://www.PulpVarietyStreamcast.com
http://twitter.com/pvstreamcast

Supersoldier Washout
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 181 posts
Location: I can't really say. I'm currently what they call "AWOL" from S.H.I.E.L.D.
Title: Will Fight for Beer

Postby Supersoldier Washout » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 am

fieldy snuts wrote:I really hope Fury doesn't become the new Watcher. It's dumb.

I'm all for him finally being separated from the heroes and operating like a truly ruthless spy again though. SHIELD has been toothless for a while now since Cap ran it.

Given what happened with SHIELD in Uncanny X-Men, the agency is pretty weak under Maria Hill.
(But this is me assuming there's any real continuity going on. Emma and Magik are with the heroes but Emma is not back to full strength. The Beast found out the Phoenix Five powers were flaky because Dark Beast injected them with Nano-Sentinels. He, supposedly, shut the nanotech down.
Easily annoyed by jackassery

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 56 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:15 pm

This whole mini-series is just a convoluted way for Ennis' Fury MAX to become canon.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand