Friday, July 1, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Be glad we're not indoors."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Anybody reading the Flash run with Jensen/Venditti/Booth?

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:53 am

Just wanted to pop on here and say that I have, and it's actually been a pretty good read -- anybody who might be looking for something to try might want to give that one a shot.

(I prove once again that I will give things a try, not just automatically be angry because they changed things that I wouldn't have changed.)

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:03 am

I tried a couple - and while I didn't have issue with the writing and story, I just can't get into Booth's contribution.

Grayson

Outhouse Drafter

Postby Grayson » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:10 am

I was reading this series up until the current team took over but the issues after Manapul left were so underwhelming that I couldn't bring myself to continue. Honestly, if almost any other artist were on the title right now, I would consider giving it a try but Booth's work is just so damn atrocious that I can't justify spending an extra $3 a month to suffer through it.

ElijahSnowFan

cheese

Postby ElijahSnowFan » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:14 am

Huh -- interesting. Can't say I've had any issues with Booth's art.

You guys feel how I do about what Leinil Yu's doing on Avengers right now -- if I wasn't totally wrapped up in what Hickman's doing, I'd drop that book instantly, because of the art, so I do know how you guys feel.

A Dangerous Vice

Mad Hatter

Postby A Dangerous Vice » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:20 am

I did not expect to like Brett Booth's art, to be honest, but it has not had a negative effect on the book I believe. I have enjoyed the run, thus far.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:57 am

I'm still reading it. It's good.

McMonkey Nut

Rain Partier

Postby McMonkey Nut » Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:11 pm

I really enjoy it, art and story have both been to my liking.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:43 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Huh -- interesting. Can't say I've had any issues with Booth's art.

Same here.

holtom2000

dINGO

Postby holtom2000 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:57 pm

booth equals no chance. don't like his art or the way he treats other people who have an opinion. that and their idea for Wally is a load of bs

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:32 pm

holtom2000 wrote:booth equals no chance. don't like his art or the way he treats other people who have an opinion. that and their idea for Wally is a load of bs

:shock: but ... it's been a hoot to see Barry and Wally bond over baseball :-D

Johnny Smith

rubber spoon

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:51 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Huh -- interesting. Can't say I've had any issues with Booth's art.

His art style is a better fit for the Flash than it was for the other DC titles he's worked on.
He designs the action scenes well.

americanslime

Flying Mongoose

Postby americanslime » Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:01 pm

ElijahSnowFan wrote:Just wanted to pop on here and say that I have, and it's actually been a pretty good read -- anybody who might be looking for something to try might want to give that one a shot.

(I prove once again that I will give things a try, not just automatically be angry because they changed things that I wouldn't have changed.)

Booth is no Manapaul*, but yeah, his art is actually surprisingly decent when he's not drawing a Lobdell story. Flash has been one of DC's better books in general. Still nothing I'm going to remember too well years from now, but it's a been a solid run so far.

*Manapaul, for one thing, isn't a total fucking asshole.

A Dangerous Vice

Mad Hatter

Postby A Dangerous Vice » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:09 pm

I do miss Manapaul. A fantastic artist and a seeming perfect "fit" for Flash.

GOSD

Everybody lies!

Postby GOSD » Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:18 pm

No, they raped my childhood so fuck them. :smt013

leave a comment with facebook