Advertisement

Original Sin #6 *spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 116 posts

Original Sin #6 *spoilers*

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 am

Less talk, more action!

Advertisement

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Re: Original Sin #6 *spoilers*

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:01 am

Midas and Exterminatrix take a boat to the middle of the ocean, where they board a hidden spacecraft bound for the moon. Midas has a plan...

Nick Fury's LMDs cart the Orb off while Nick stays behind to give more answers to the gathered heroes. Nick repeatedly dodges the question of whether he killed Uatu, only noting that the two had a "complicated relationship." We see that Uatu had been keeping an eye on Nick as he has been dying, and that Nick, at least, isn't too fond of him. Nick tells the others that he is dying because he no longer has the Infinity Formula in his body. He explains that he gathered the heroes and gave them the means to find him in order to pick a successor.

Meanwhile, Iron Man, Captain America, Wolverine, and Black Widow examine what is left of the Fury LMD that Bucky killed. Iron Man begins to trace it back to its source, but it explodes. Still, Iron Man was able to get a location, and Captain America calls together every available Avenger to invade Fury's satellite base.

Upon learning that the LMD has self-destructed, Nick comments that he's running out of time. He zaps Bucky, takes Uatu's eye, and leaves his LMDs to guard the rest of the heroes. They take the LMDs down, but not before Nick makes it into a saferoom, where a few other LMDs and the Orb are located. Fury demands that the Orb tell him how he made the eye work, but the Orb isn't sure. Fury doesn't want Uatu's secrets to die with him. He opens a box...

The heroes that Fury gathered try to get into Fury's saferoom as Captain America's Avengers attack the base. They engage the LMDs, but just then Fury appears, armored and armed with BOTH of Uatu's eyes in his possession.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:06 am

Thoughts:

It seems obvious that Fury killed Uatu, but Aaron is playing coy with whether Fury is the murderer. That implies there is more to the story, so I will be more than a little annoyed if Fury is the killer.

Bucky seems like the obvious choice to take over Fury's job as "The Man on the Wall," and the recent October solicits may hint at him taking up the role.

I'm not sure why Fury picked Gamora as a potential replacement (aside from Marvel wanting to rope the Guardians in to this event). She's a killer and practical-minded, but she is not from Earth and doesn't seem to have any particular attachment to it. Starlord would seem to be a better choice. He's not as hard as Gamora, but he's been willing to make hard choices in the past, and he's clever.

HNutz likes this post.

Rob Thompson
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 843 posts
Title: Soldier. Teacher.

Postby Rob Thompson » Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:09 am

All I know is this story has me intrigued. I am very curious to see how it all works out.
Observe. Orient. Decide. Act.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 264 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:22 pm

So, Nick has turned out to be a bigger douchebag than we ever thought? :wink:

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:47 pm

Thought:

The Orb will be the new Watcher, believe it! :P He has the "eye" for the role.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 414 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:32 pm

We see that Uatu had been keeping an eye on Nick

Heh
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 151 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Jul 16, 2014 2:42 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:Thought:

The Orb will be the new Watcher, believe it! :P He has the "eye" for the role.

Fury will probably be the new Watcher. The Orb will probably be his sidekick.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:53 am

Bumping to move the discussion in the #5 thread to this one.

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 72 posts

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:04 am

I really dug the couple panels Moon Knight was in!

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 298 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:53 am

Loved it. Although for a second I thought that last page was Cable not Fury. I can't wait to see how this all ends.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

agentofnothing
Fish-Smackin' Knight

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby agentofnothing » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Yeah, it still seems Aaron wants to lead us to pointing the finger at Fury but you can't help but feel it's a red herring considering how obvious it would seem at this time. Plus, I just can't see Marvel vilifying a character with such a deep Marvel history when this is intended as his last story. Spoilers

My take is that Fury didn't kill The Watcher and the "his secrets shouldn't die with him" comment implies he can activate the eyes to see whom actually killed him in the first place. Theory, Fury feels his last job is killing whoever killed The Watcher in the first place and despite his dislike for him personally, feels responsible for not neutralizing the threat that did the deed before it occurred. He is armoring up because he doesn't want to waste the little time he has remaining explaining all this to the heroes since he knows he is currently looking guilty as hell.

I still think the remaining Watchers appear in issue 8 and basically give Fury some sort of cosmic upgrade to give him this new Watcher roll, but as his younger-looking self from his satelite.

The only hole in my own theory is that Fury obviously hated the concept of just watching and not actually helping, therefore how can he inherit the job that only allows just that?

Again, I just don't think Marvel would retcon all these great years of Fury heroics o make him a major villain before as a method to take him off the board permanently. Then again, would you have guessed five years ago Fury would be 80, Steve Rogers 70, Falcon is Cap, female Thor, Xavier dead, and Marvel would be considering canceling FF and never using the word "mutant" again??

2 people like this post.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 472 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:54 pm

agentofnothing wrote:Again, I just don't think Marvel would retcon all these great years of Fury heroics o make him a major villain before as a method to take him off the board permanently. Then again, would you have guessed five years ago Fury would be 80, Steve Rogers 70, Falcon is Cap, female Thor, Xavier dead, and Marvel would be considering canceling FF and never using the word "mutant" again??

By vilifying Nick Fury they would make black Nick Fury more acceptable (even tho, for me, that will never happen).

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 700 posts

Postby HNutz » Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:25 pm

I could see Fury taking Uatu's place and Bucky taking Fury's place.

Also, happy that not every time we've seen Fury was an L.M.D. Just his appearances after Battle Scars.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 178 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:52 am

Why not make him the watcher, then like Uatu, he has to overcome his desire to act or he changes the watchers' culture.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand