Friday, May 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "In this issue: an Outhouser will DIE!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Earth 2 #26 - S P O I L E R S Later Today

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:24 pm

Earth 2 #26
Val and Lantern battle Superman with Earth's fate hanging in the balance when a familiar faces arrives on Earth 2 via the Boom Tube to turn the tide !

I won't give away spoilers just yet to give folks a chance to read this but we now know what Dr. Fate's mumbling of "crumbles" meant. For now let's just say that Taylor has totally
[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
redeemed Kal-El of Earth 2
:smt023

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:05 pm

One of those things that I should guessed. Damn, that was a nice swerve (but it all crumbled too quickly once it happened).

And... COME ON! Why do the Terrifics and Miracles in this book always get stuck as bit players. Holt should be shining in this book but he's so far in the background - it's absurd!

Still - every other aspect of this book is just great!

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:22 pm

Whoa! Good job to all involved. I thought that was a great twist that I don't even think hindsight would have helped (although there has been a subtle tell there all along).

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 6:13 pm

Yes, issues back
Lois made some comment like "If that even is Kal", not to mention the crack lines around his eyes
that now make more sense.
I wonder if this was Robinson's plan from the start ?
And who are Bedlam's "the four from below" ? 8)

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:20 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:Yes, issues back
Lois made some comment like "If that even is Kal", not to mention the crack lines around his eyes
that now make more sense.
I wonder if this was Robinson's plan from the start ?
And who are Bedlam's "the four from below" ? 8)

Right? I love this book. I totally agree with your points plus...
even more subtle, and it punched me right in the face, is the chain that was holding the chest emblem. Holy smokes...the clues were all there.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Fuck, I didn't even notice the chain-clue until you said that :lol:

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:46 pm

Just saw a scan of it, when.....he began crumbling why on earth did the logo spontaneously invert with no explanation in the space of one panel? Seems like a cheap copout to mislead the readers..

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:33 pm

Might have something to do with Bedlam. Once he was taken out that's when Bizarro started to crumble and lose integrity. Hopefully next issue will explain more.

alaska1125

dINGO

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:15 am

fieldy snuts wrote:Just saw a scan of it, when.....he began crumbling why on earth did the logo spontaneously invert with no explanation in the space of one panel? Seems like a cheap copout to mislead the readers..

It could've been laid out better, but I assume that
that in that final battle one end of the chain became disconnected. I actually liked that panel because it was just such a "holy shit....I can't believe I missed it" moment.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:25 am

If you look at the last panel on the previous page that is exactly what happened, but on the reveal page the emblem chain should have been drawn more twisted or the emblem itself more off-center (assuming that's what happened). Nicola Scott usually pays more attention to details than that so some other reason may be at play.

The Beast

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby The Beast » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:42 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:If you look at the last panel on the previous page that is exactly what happened, but on the reveal page the emblem chain should have been drawn more twisted or the emblem itself more off-center (assuming that's what happened). Nicola Scott usually pays more attention to details than that so some other reason may be at play.

I think it's just a minor conceit so the emblem reads better, but wow, what a fantastic "twist." Kudos to the creative team, that is a great way to redeem Superman and that I certainly never saw coming either.

I wonder if Superman is still alive or not. I kind of hope not just for the sake of variety.

BTW was this Nicola's last issue and who is replacing her anyways?

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:12 pm

It's taken more than two years, but I'm glad to see these characters finally came together into what looks like a team. :)

HNutz

Rain Partier

Postby HNutz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:15 pm

Yeah, I didn't even notice the chain & had to go back and look again...

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:21 pm

As far the Brutaal reveal, I'm glad he wasn't Kal-L to tell the truth. I also agree that the reveal of who he was was fun to find out.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:43 pm

The Beast wrote:BTW was this Nicola's last issue and who is replacing her anyways?

If all still is going as planned, Andy Smith takes over with October's #27 when they "return" from the September "Futures End" thing. The Sept issue is drawn by Eddy Barrows and Eber Ferreira.

leave a comment with facebook