Advertisement

Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon for August (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 449 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon for August (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:23 pm

I bought issue #2 of both these series this past week.

Legendary Star-Lord #2

The bounty hunters of The Viderdoom were kind of cool, particularly the Viderdoom itself. It reminded me of the 90s show Lexx. I like where this series is going. Peter's relationship with his newly discovered half sister is developing in some fun and interesting ways and the mystery of Mister Knife and why he put a bounty on our hero's head has been well done so far. I enjoyed seeing Victoria change her mind and rescue her half-brother from his captors.

Rocket Raccoon #2

This series has been even more fun than Legendary Star-Lord. I loved the prison break montage. At the end Rocket's league of angry exes finally have a name -- The Ex-Terminators works for me. Macho Gomez isn't a character I can say I'm really interested in, but I will say that his car was just so weirdly designed by Skottie Young that I just could help liking it.

Such a fun series so far.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 238 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Re: Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon for August (Spoilers)

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:33 am

Not reading Starlord, but love Rocket, a bunch. It and Harley Quinn are the most fun I have reading comics every month.

Stephen Day likes this post.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1501 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Star-Lord and Rocket Raccoon for August (Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:14 pm

Rocket Raccoon is an extremely fun book. 8)
ImageImageImage

Stephen Day likes this post.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand