Advertisement

Original Sin #7 *spoilers*

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 99 posts

Original Sin #7 *spoilers*

Postby MrBlack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:08 am

Quite a bit revealed in this issue.

Advertisement

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Re: Original Sin #7 *spoilers*

Postby MrBlack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:08 am

We get a flashback to the Orb and company's first visit to the Watcher's home throughout the issue. The door opens in response to the Orb's presence, but the group runs straight into the Watcher, prompting Midas and Exterminatrix to attack. The Mindless Ones keep the Watcher busy while Midas and Exterminatrix raid the armory and flee. The Orb is in awe of the Watcher, but realizes he's holding back because he's seen something that scares him. He shoots the Watcher in the head...

In the present day, Nick Fury takes on the assembled Avengers, quickly taking out the Hulk and Luke Cage with the tech he has assembled over the years. Iron Man, Wolverine, Falcon, and Black Widow soon follow. Captain America tries to talk some sense into Fury, but Fury is fully aware of what he has done and what he is doing, and offers no apologies. Cap sicks Thor on Fury, who actually manages to do some damage.

Meanwhile, the remaining heroes on Fury's satellite bicker as Dr. Strange tries to break into Fury's inner sanctum. They are interrupted by the Orb, who is brimming with power. The Orb states that he stole all the Watcher's secrets when he invaded his home, and unleashes an energy wave at the heroes.

Back at the fight, Fury reveals that he somehow has access to the Watcher's secrets. He can see that Thor has a sister, and whispers something else in Thor's ear. Thor drops his hammer, which crashes into the moon. He cannot lift it back up. Iron Man again tries to intervene, but Fury uses an override code to send Tony's armor on a course back to Earth. Fury retrieves the Watcher's eyes and heads back to the moon. Midas and Exterminatrix land on the moon just as the Orb makes his approach to the Watcher's home.

We see one final flashback, as the real Nick Fury approaches the Watcher's home after seeing the results of the villains' attack. He finds the Watcher wounded and missing an eye. He asks the Watcher to tell him what happened.

Returning again to the present day, Fury enters the Watcher's home as a group of other Watchers observe from above.

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:34 am

MrBlack wrote:We get a flashback to the Orb and company's first visit to the Watcher's home throughout the issue. The door opens in response to the Orb's presence, but the group runs straight into the Watcher, prompting Midas and Exterminatrix to attack. The Mindless Ones keep the Watcher busy while Midas and Exterminatrix raid the armory and flee. The Orb is in awe of the Watcher, but realizes he's holding back because he's seen something that scares him. He shoots the Watcher in the head...

In the present day, Nick Fury takes on the assembled Avengers, quickly taking out the Hulk and Luke Cage with the tech he has assembled over the years. Iron Man, Wolverine, Falcon, and Black Widow soon follow. Captain America tries to talk some sense into Fury, but Fury is fully aware of what he has done and what he is doing, and offers no apologies. Cap sicks Thor on Fury, who actually manages to do some damage.

Meanwhile, the remaining heroes on Fury's satellite bicker as Dr. Strange tries to break into Fury's inner sanctum. They are interrupted by the Orb, who is brimming with power. The Orb states that he stole all the Watcher's secrets when he invaded his home, and unleashes an energy wave at the heroes.

Back at the fight, Fury reveals that he somehow has access to the Watcher's secrets. He can see that Thor has a sister, and whispers something else in Thor's ear. Thor drops his hammer, which crashes into the moon. He cannot lift it back up. Iron Man again tries to intervene, but Fury uses an override code to send Tony's armor on a course back to Earth. Fury retrieves the Watcher's eyes and heads back to the moon. Midas and Exterminatrix land on the moon just as the Orb makes his approach to the Watcher's home.

We see one final flashback, as the real Nick Fury approaches the Watcher's home after seeing the results of the villains' attack. He finds the Watcher wounded and missing an eye. He asks the Watcher to tell him what happened.

Returning again to the present day, Fury enters the Watcher's home as a group of other Watchers observe from above.

I have a problem with this.

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
Iron Man again tries to intervene, but Fury uses an override code to send Tony's armor on a course back to Earth.

BUT, I have a problem with A LOT that's been happening in this miniseries..

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:27 am

GOSD wrote:

Iron Man again tries to intervene, but Fury uses an override code to send Tony's armor on a course back to Earth.

My main problem is Aaron using the Orb as a major player.
If Bendis wrote this story, he would have used the Hood instead of the Orb. Right?

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:30 am

GOSD wrote:

Well, he presumably knew Tony's super-double-secret override code given the knowledge he got from the Watcher's eyes. Comic books.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:31 am

Johnny Smith wrote:
My main problem is Aaron using the Orb as a major player.
If Bendis wrote this story, he would have used the Hood instead of the Orb. Right?

At least it sort of makes sense with the whole eye motif of the story.

Rob Thompson
cheese

Liked in: 678 posts
Title: Soldier. Teacher.

Postby Rob Thompson » Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:36 am

MrBlack wrote:At least it sort of makes sense with the whole eye motif of the story.

Agreed.
"Observe. Orient. Decide. Act."

Johnny Smith
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 154 posts
Title: Metadata Broker

Postby Johnny Smith » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:01 pm

MrBlack wrote:At least it sort of makes sense with the whole eye motif of the story.

I can't wait for some genius to pitch an event with a ape motif ... and makes the Gibbon a big player in the story :roll:

HNutz likes this post.

Rob Thompson
cheese

Liked in: 678 posts
Title: Soldier. Teacher.

Postby Rob Thompson » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:03 pm

Johnny Smith wrote:
I can't wait for some genius to pitch an event with a ape motif ... and makes the Gibbon a big player in the story :roll:

"Observe. Orient. Decide. Act."

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 276 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Rob Thompson wrote:Image

Which starred of course, THE GIBBON.

HNutz likes this post.

RoosterHardwood
Naked, Greased-Up Deaf Guy

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Cock of the Walk

Postby RoosterHardwood » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:56 pm

GOSD wrote:

I haven't read the issue so maybe it's explained better, but I have a bigger problem with

Nick Fury being able to casually beat the Hulk. You would think this 'watcher on the wall' might have made use of that the time Hulk and his alien bros took over the world.

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 562 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:50 pm

Any theories on how Fury whispered something and suddenly Thor's no longer worthy? Like, he said something about how Thor's having dirty thoughts about his "new" sister and, while it might not have been true at the time, it's true now...

Okay, that's probably not it.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 993 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:06 pm

HNutz wrote:Any theories on how Fury whispered something and suddenly Thor's no longer worthy? Like, he said something about how Thor's having dirty thoughts about his "new" sister and, while it might not have been true at the time, it's true now...

I really can't imagine anything that Fury could have said to Thor that would immediately cause him to be unworthy. Say for example Fury said "You're not the real Thor" or "Odin is not your real father." Simply knowing that information wouldn't cause Thor to become unworthy.
ImageImageImage

Newtype
SUSHI FISH

Liked in: 97 posts
Formerly: A happy, well adjusted person pre-universal reboot

Postby Newtype » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:08 pm

HNutz wrote:Any theories on how Fury whispered something and suddenly Thor's no longer worthy? Like, he said something about how Thor's having dirty thoughts about his "new" sister and, while it might not have been true at the time, it's true now...

Maybe he said something to Thor that made him imagine doing it with his sister. As a result he couldn't keep his hammer up.

By the way, the hammer is his hammer.

I really, really couldn't resist writing this post.

2 people like this post.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:38 pm

"You know when you killed all those warriors on X-Island who were trying to kill you? They were your own kids. You've been Wolverine'd!"

Psivage likes this post.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand