Advertisement

Wreck-It Ralph

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 8 posts
Title: ライダー変身!
Formerly: beta-ray

Wreck-It Ralph

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:33 pm

We've had a few threads that have Wreck-It Ralph as the topic, but I thought I'd start one for general Wreck-It Ralph talk. I'm pretty excited for this movie...

The basics:
Release Date: November 2, 2012
Studio: Walt Disney Studios
Starring: John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer, Jane Lynch, Alan Tudyk, Ed O’Neill, Mindy Kaling, Adam Carolla, Horatio Sanz, Dennis Haysbert, Edie McClurg, Roger Craig Smith, Gerald C Rivers, Rachael Harris, Stefanie Scott, Reuben Langdon, Kyle Hebert

Poster:

Trailer:

Advertisement

sdsichero

Re: Wreck-It Ralph

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:35 pm

Wreck-It Ralph Creators on Using Actual Video Game Characters

Just from the clips we saw at the studio, it's clear that this movie is massive. In fact, Wreck-It Ralph has more unique character models than any previous Disney animated film. Just to put it in perspective, most animated movies have somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 or 50 character designs, but Wreck-It Ralph boasts a staggering 188. What's more, dozens of these models are based on actual characters from actual video games. Especially in locales like Central Station -- the arcade cabinets' master power strip -- we see numerous familiar faces like Q*Bert, Sonic the Hedgehog, Chun-Li and Bowser all interacting in one place.

Of course, assembling such an expansive cast of cameos was no easy task. But as Moore explained, the prerogative in that regard was to let the story dictate when and where to include these iconic avatars. "When we started, it seemed like if we were going to make a movie about video games that I really, really wanted it to be authentic," he said. "It had to have real characters from real games in it. That was very, very important to me as the filmmaker. So we just kind just of went for it. We didn't begin from a legal standpoint as we were writing the story. It was more like, 'Well, this seems like a great place for Pac-Man to make an appearance. Let's put him in.'"

A lot more at the link

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 pm

And this isn't on the front page..?

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Formerly: AMS

Postby Rockman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:20 pm

I still don't think Zangeif is a bad guy.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Zechs wrote:And this isn't on the front page..?

Because you didn't post it.

And it's not news.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:37 pm

Rockman wrote:I still don't think Zangeif is a bad guy.

Communist sympathizer
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Rockman wrote:I still don't think Zangeif is a bad guy.

*writes down name*

MistaT
penile prisoner

Liked in: 0 post
Title: ThreadKilla

Postby MistaT » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:37 pm

I think what the most fun thing about this movie is going to be is being able to spot and name all the characters.

I look forward to it.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:25 pm

This trailer was already posted elsewhere, but the score info is new I think.

“Wreck-It Ralph” – New Trailer Released; Score and Soundtrack Details Announced

Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Wreck-It Ralph” Scores Big
with Composer Henry Jackman, Plus Original Music from Skrillex,
AKB48, Owl City and Buckner & Garcia

BURBANK, Calif. (Sept. 13, 2012) – The story of an arcade-game bad guy who embarks on a quest to prove he’s really a good guy, “Wreck-It Ralph” journeys through wildly diverse arcade-game worlds, including the ‘80s-era, 8-bit video-game world of Fix-It Felix, Jr., the ultra-modern first-person shooter game Hero’s Duty and the candy-coated cart-racing game Sugar Rush. Helping to differentiate these worlds from one another are unique cinematography, animation, effects and music. “Music is another way to set the stage and make these worlds completely different,” said producer Clark Spencer.

But not just any music. Filmmakers tapped diverse and unexpected artists to help tell the story. Composer Henry Jackman created the film’s score, which is complemented by original songs and music from Skrillex, AKB48, Owl City and Buckner & Garcia. Directed by Rich Moore, produced by Spencer and featuring the voices of John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBrayer and Jane Lynch, “Wreck-It Ralph” crashes into theatres on Nov. 2, 2012. The film’s soundtrack from Walt Disney Records will be available Oct. 30, 2012.

“When it came to the music of ‘Wreck-It Ralph,’ said Moore, “we wanted to work with some really talented artists and I love that they aren’t necessarily the people audiences expect to hear in a Disney animated movie. But when they hear the music and how it supports the story and drives the emotion, they’ll say, ‘This is perfect.’”

Moore said he took his lead from the original director of animated movies. “Walt Disney was a pioneer when it came to music. What sounds like classics to us now—Ukulele Ike in ‘Pinocchio,’ Peggy Lee in ‘Lady and the Tramp’—were very unexpected choices.”

THE SCORE

Classically trained composer Henry Jackman (“Winnie the Pooh,” “X-Men: First Class”) was called on to write the score for “Wreck-It Ralph,” helping to shape the diverse worlds with music. Jackman researched arcade games and incorporated their classic sounds into the score, bringing the arcade and its individual games to life. “The music transports you,” said Moore. “It channels each era perfectly. [Henry Jackman] is fantastic.”

According to Jackman, the score was driven by the story, which allowed him to tap his classical roots, too. “When something emotional is developing, it actually opens the door to the orchestral score without it feeling imposed,” he said.

ORIGINAL SONGS

Ralph’s quest leads him to the intense, cy-bug-infested world of Hero’s Duty, where he hopes to land a medal. Underscoring the chaos and excitement of the first-person shooter game, GRAMMY®-winning artist Skrillex wrote the game-play music, “Bug Hunt,” hand-picking Netherlands’ producers/DJs/videogame soundtrack composers Noisia to remix the track for the album. “The mood of that game world is high-energy and futuristic. I make music with many different colors of the emotional spectrum—this reflects a more aggressive side of my music.”

Japan’s pop phenomenon AKB48 accompanies Ralph to the land of sweets with the aptly named theme song “Sugar Rush.” “We’ve always thought of Sugar Rush—with its nod to anime—as a game that may have originated in Japan,” said Spencer. “So we went to Japan and got the hottest J-pop group to perform the song that really sets the tone for this ’90s-era cart-racing game: young and hip.”

Owl City (“Fireflies,” “Good Time”) provides an upbeat and story-driven cap to the film with “When Can I See You Again?” According to singer/songwriter/instrumentalist Adam Young, the song offers a bit of an emotional tug-of-war. “It’s a very bouncy, happy, uplifting song, but there’s a bittersweet part of it, leaving a key relationship in the film open-ended.”

Also contributing to the end credits are Buckner & Garcia, the team behind the 1982 Top-10 hit “Pac-Man Fever.” Jerry Buckner of Buckner & Garcia co-produced the song “Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph” with hit songwriter/producer Jamie Houston (Steven Tyler, Macy Gray). “It was great to be invited to contribute a song to the movie and soundtrack,” said Buckner. “The song has an ‘80s pop flavor with a contemporary twist—we’re really happy with how it turned out.”

Very interesting, AKB48, the hottest j-pop girl band is contributing...

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:42 am

New Wreck-It Ralph poster

Pretty neat that they have famous video game characters on the poster

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:43 am

Wrecj-It Ralph character design evolution

For a While There, Wreck-It Ralph Barely Looked Human

Mr. Log
phrase IV

Title: I'm starvin'!
Formerly: Log-Man

Postby Mr. Log » Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:04 am

:lol:

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:27 pm

Log-Man wrote:Image

:lol:

Yeah that was in the comments section.

It would be quite amazing if they went that route.

sdsichero

Postby sdsichero » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:31 pm

I hate click-through articles and it looks like it's only for the trailer. Still some interesting illustration.

The cameos and in-jokes of Wreck-It Ralph

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:36 pm

I'll be taking the kids to see this.

Looks funny..

leave a comment with facebook

Next