Advertisement

Earth 2 #16

This is the forum for previews. They'll also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 312 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Earth 2 #16

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:41 am

DC Blog

The war against Steppenwolf is over! In ‘To The Victor,’ the Hunger Dogs and Steppenwolf are all that remains of Darkseids’ army from Apokolips … but they’ve also defeated every last soldier in the World Army. Is all hope lost for Earth 2? Only the Wonders of America remain, and they’re ready for a fight! Written by James Robinson and illustrated by Nicola Scott and Trevor Scott, EARTH 2 #16 hits shelves on Wednesday.

Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Advertisement

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 62 posts

Re: Earth 2 #16

Postby holtom2000 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:25 am

that's a lot of splash pages

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:04 pm

I'd say they are going for the "big-screen" depiction of a battle. Works well for this scene but the rest of the issue is the standard multi-panels except for the big reveal at the end 8)
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

holtom2000
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 62 posts

Postby holtom2000 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:06 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I'd say they are going for the "big-screen" depiction of a battle. Works well for this scene but the rest of the issue is the standard multi-panels except for the big reveal at the end 8)

still .... with only 20 pages and a big reveal at the end .. this can't be a long read

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:50 pm

There's quite a bit of content this issue and so much coolness happens it'll make you dizzy 8) :smt023

And poor Alan Scott :?

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 863 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:33 pm

Wow, did they really just have 2 characters beat Alan Scott to death?! :shock:

And if things looked bleak before, how can the new Wonders of Earth 2 possibly hope to stand against a Darkseid controlled Superman? I was planning on dropping this series after this issue but this story has convinced me to give it a couple of issues to decide whether or not I will like Tom Taylor's work.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:19 pm

Grayson wrote:Wow, did they really just have 2 characters beat Alan Scott to death?! :shock:

And if things looked bleak before, how can the new Wonders of Earth 2 possibly hope to stand against a Darkseid controlled Superman? I was planning on dropping this series after this issue but this story has convinced me to give it a couple of issues to decide whether or not I will like Tom Taylor's work.

Yeah the artwork has me really hooked.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 863 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:08 pm

Draco x wrote:Yeah the artwork has me really hooked.

My problem with some of the costume designs (primarily the Flash) aside, the artwork for Earth 2 is beautiful. Unfortunately, I no longer follow comic books solely based on the art so I am really hoping that Tom Taylor can continue telling a story on par with Robinson's work so far.
ImageImageImage

Draco x
FROGMAN

Liked in: 281 posts

Postby Draco x » Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:33 pm

Grayson wrote:
My problem with some of the costume designs (primarily the Flash) aside, the artwork for Earth 2 is beautiful. Unfortunately, I no longer follow comic books solely based on the art so I am really hoping that Tom Taylor can continue telling a story on par with Robinson's work so far.

Very good point here.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Previews