Sunday, August 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not Newsarama!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Forever Evil #3 Preview

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:35 pm

Draco x wrote:
When they actually do that let me know.


I tend to think current DC books are awesome, and I wonder if half the people who constantly complain it actually read the books if they might like it as well. You admittedly don't read them, so it just seems weird you complain about it so much. We have our differences over your level of intelligence, but is always assumed you were reading the stuff you seem to hate so much.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:40 pm

For example, you vehemently oppose the possibility of Carol/Kyle in Green Lantern. But now I can't help but wonder if you go and read GL: New Guardians if you might change your mind. I get that Hal and Carol are "supposed" to be together, but so were Scott and Jean - yet Scott and Emma still made for great, entertaining stories.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:18 pm

syxxpakk wrote:For example, you vehemently oppose the possibility of Carol/Kyle in Green Lantern. But now I can't help but wonder if you go and read GL: New Guardians if you might change your mind. I get that Hal and Carol are "supposed" to be together, but so were Scott and Jean - yet Scott and Emma still made for great, entertaining stories.


Even if I did have an opportunity to read the material, I personally have no faith that it would accomplish much apart from pissing off the Carol and Hal fans. Besides, Kyle's best relationship from where I stand was always with Jade but they ruined that dynamic in the Pre-52 DC Universe-This is like when they had Havok dump Lorna in the X-books before their wedding and hooked him up with that female nurse nobody cared about. The end-result was when that dynamic was forgotten about very quickly when they changed writers. If they wanted to break up Carol and Hal again that would be fine but at least let it be with someone outside of Hal's social circle( Heck, I am even taking back the John Stewart idea I suggested in that other thread). As for Scott and Jean, that was pretty much another example of Quesada's idiotic anti-marriage/ relationship fetish like many other couples Marvel keeps breaking up for no good reason other than lazy writing.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:33 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
I tend to think current DC books are awesome, and I wonder if half the people who constantly complain it actually read the books if they might like it as well. You admittedly don't read them, so it just seems weird you complain about it so much. We have our differences over your level of intelligence, but is always assumed you were reading the stuff you seem to hate so much.


For your info, when I was able to buy comics until recently I did have a lot of DC books as aparently due to your obvious bias, you seem to assume I hate the company when I have never said I did-I don't like a lot of decisions that the people in charge make( Like Didio and Harras namely). DC's problem is not talent or bad writing per say but bad marketing and business decisions that have been made over the years-why do you think so many writers, artists and so on have walked out recently-I am pretty sure you can't deny there is trouble in the company yourself due to this.
No offense, but you come off as when I or someone else says something you don't agree with or like you make up your mind that that person must be dumb or instantly label said person another Herald.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:48 pm

Draco x wrote:
Even if I did have an opportunity to read the material, I personally have no faith that it would accomplish much apart from pissing off the Carol and Hal fans. Besides, Kyle's best relationship from where I stand was always with Jade but they ruined that dynamic in the Pre-52 DC Universe-This is like when they had Havok dump Lorna in the X-books before their wedding and hooked him up with that female nurse nobody cared about. The end-result was when that dynamic was forgotten about very quickly when they changed writers. If they wanted to break up Carol and Hal again that would be fine but at least let it be with someone outside of Hal's social circle( Heck, I am even taking back the John Stewart idea I suggested in that other thread). As for Scott and Jean, that was pretty much another example of Quesada's idiotic anti-marriage/ relationship fetish like many other couples Marvel keeps breaking up for no good reason other than lazy writing.


Regardless of Quesada's views, it has still lead to some great stories (Emma & Scott). I just don't understand why you seem so set in stone about things like that. Wouldn't the natural course of things be growth and change? As for Havok/Lorna, that you mentioned, that was an example of poor writing because it pretty much happened out of nowhere as I recall. Chuck Austin sucks as a writer. That's not been the case with Kyle/Carol, which has been subtly building.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:51 pm

Draco x wrote:No offense, but you come off as when I or someone else says something you don't agree with or like you make up your mind that that person must be dumb or instantly label said person another Herald.


That's fine, you're entitled to think whatever you want. But I want to point out two things: I've never called you another Herald and I think you're dumb because I legitimately question your ability to read and comprehend what people are saying. There have been points in the past where we've discussed things and you said "I don't agree blah blah blah" and then when I said something else which was literally the same thing except different words you said "I agree blah blah blah" even though both statements were essentially the same.

It has nothing to do with your opinions, so you should probably quit crying foul over that. Or post a face-palm pic, your prerogative.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:25 am

syxxpakk wrote:
That's fine, you're entitled to think whatever you want. But I want to point out two things: I've never called you another Herald and I think you're dumb because I legitimately question your ability to read and comprehend what people are saying. There have been points in the past where we've discussed things and you said "I don't agree blah blah blah" and then when I said something else which was literally the same thing except different words you said "I agree blah blah blah" even though both statements were essentially the same.

It has nothing to do with your opinions, so you should probably quit crying foul over that. Or post a face-palm pic, your prerogative.


I don't need to post any pics as you keep giving yourself enough rope to hang yourself with. Do you wonder why I only take you seriously up to a point before I just laugh at some of your responses? You pretty much are a clone of Dairy and even he has better arguments than yourself. It has nothing to do with the fact that we disagree but the fact that you're obviously not bright enough to understand what I'm saying, so as you should quit whining and let it go. If not feel free to say I am dumb or that I don't get it or keep posting the same responses over and over again. Your prerogative, bro, as I find this banter between us rather predictable.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:27 am

You said that I don't respect your opinion and that if you say something I don't agree with, I call you dumb or "Herald-like." I understood fully what you were saying. You were just mistaken, is all.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:29 am

syxxpakk wrote:
Regardless of Quesada's views, it has still lead to some great stories (Emma & Scott). I just don't understand why you seem so set in stone about things like that. Wouldn't the natural course of things be growth and change? As for Havok/Lorna, that you mentioned, that was an example of poor writing because it pretty much happened out of nowhere as I recall. Chuck Austin sucks as a writer. That's not been the case with Kyle/Carol, which has been subtly building.


And l am pretty sure the Johnny Storm/ Alicia Masters relationship none of the FF fans liked also had decent writing and it didn't change the fact that it was a crappy idea to begin with. I predict that Justin Jordan and co will try and make it go somewhere but once they leave the GL books down the road, this will be ignored and forgotten.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:32 am

So you don't think it's possible for crappy ideas to be salvaged by quality writing?
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:35 am

syxxpakk wrote:You said that I don't respect your opinion and that if you say something I don't agree with, I call you dumb or "Herald-like." I understood fully what you were saying. You were just mistaken, is all.


Good stuff. We may not always agree but at least we can be respectful about our differences.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:36 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I'm glad you acknowledge you were wrong, at least. By virtue of that you couldn't possibly be Herald-like.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:38 am

syxxpakk wrote:So you don't think it's possible for crappy ideas to be salvaged by quality writing?


Let me pose this question to you: If they were to hook up Lois with Jimmy Olsen after her and Clark broke up or if they hooked up Dick Grayson with Selina Kyle( Even though they had a brief fling awhile back), do you really think the fans for the most part would embrace that despite who wrote it? There are some things even good writing can't help and should be left alone.
User avatar

syxxpakk

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:39 am

Draco x wrote:
Let me pose this question to you: If they were to hook up Lois with Jimmy Olsen after her and Clark broke up or if they hooked up Dick Grayson with Selina Kyle( Even though they had a brief fling awhile back), do you really think the fans for the most part would embrace that despite who wrote it? There are some things even good writing can't help and should be left alone.


If it was written well, yes. A good story is a good story, regardless of editorial mandates, comic publicity stunts, etc. I'm not very dogged in what I think should happen in the fluid world of comic books. I'd rather just enjoy the ride.
User avatar

Draco x

Fagorstorm

Postby Draco x » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:40 am

syxxpakk wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well I'm glad you acknowledge you were wrong, at least. By virtue of that you couldn't possibly be Herald-like.


And I am glad you acknowledge that whether or not we agree you're willing to find a middle ground and work out an understanding now.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests