Advertisement

Angela in the MU (Guardians of the Galaxy #10 Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Angela in the MU (Guardians of the Galaxy #10 Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:23 pm

As of this issue of Guardians of the Galaxy I'd like to say that I'm pleasantly surprised to find that I'm enjoying how this character has been used since Marvel acquired her. This issue, I liked the banter she had with Gamora and her interaction with the Badoon. Regarding the latter, Bendis seems to be setting up a new origin for Angela within the MU. The Badoon Angela talked to did seem to recognize her race and knew something about their interaction with the Badoon. I'm going to hold my judgement on that until I see where this goes. I can see why this is being done though, as it stands at the moment, all of Angela's past history is out of bounds for Bendis to use and explore, and it makes sense to create a new past history to use. Will this mean that it's basically a new character? Of course, but I think that was expected by most people. As someone who is not a fan of Spawn at all, I can't really say that it bothers me anyway.

In the end, there are still some things I'm going to wait on before I say Angela has been successfully imported in the Marvel Universe. Having said that, I will say that right now it's a case of so far so good.
Last edited by Stephen Day on Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Zechs
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 215 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Re: Angela in the MU (Guardians of the Galaxy #10 Spoilers)

Postby Zechs » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:43 pm

Well can't they allude to her being a slayer of the Devil's soldier? Just not using the word Spawn?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 398 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:46 pm

Zechs wrote:Well can't they allude to her being a slayer of the Devil's soldier? Just not using the word Spawn?

Possibly, and the conversation with the Badoon might turn out to be a red herring, with Angela's true nature remaining intact. As I said, I'm going to hold judgement until I see where Bendis is going with this.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 344 posts

Postby Draco x » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:04 pm

Zechs wrote:Well can't they allude to her being a slayer of the Devil's soldier? Just not using the word Spawn?

You're forgetting this is Bendis we're talking about, Zechs.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 362 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:31 pm

This was a pretty good issue and made even better by Kevin Mcguire. He should be on the book permanently if he could.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand