Sunday, May 29, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Yellow journalism at its finest."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Today my 5 year old daughter got in trouble for ignoring her...

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:03 pm

Today my 5 year old daughter got in trouble for ignoring her...

Today my 5 year old daughter got in trouble for ignoring her Mom. She was too wrapped up in her new Adventure Time: Fionna & Cake comics (I bought her the first two issues today).

A proud parenting/comic fan moment!

Originally Published at Power Honor Grace http://powerhonorgrace.tumblr.com/post/43054802724

READ THIS ARTICLE ON THE FRONT PAGE, HUMANS!

covalesky

Expert Post Whore

Postby covalesky » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:27 am

Cool.

Mom has to understand. Comics b4 Parents :)

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:25 am

My son was busted last night for not turning his light off and going to bed because he was reading the latest Ninjago trade from papercutz.

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:23 am

Makayla either goes straight to sleep or insists on staying up--she usually goes to sleep--but I am sure its only a matter of time before she realizes she can turn her lamp back on and stay up longer.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:28 am

yeah, it great that my son loves to read and that is what has kept him from going past his allowed reading time in bed before bed. Either comics or Harry Potter.

Herald

YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Herald » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:55 am

The child did nothing wrong! :x

Attica!
ATTICA!!

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:56 am

Loltron has kids???? Jesus christ the machines are evolving!!!!!!!! :shock:

CountD

Undead Member

Postby CountD » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:21 am

bkthomson wrote:My son was busted last night for not turning his light off and going to bed because he was reading the latest Ninjago trade from papercutz.

hey.

How does that site work. I checked it out quickly and I don't understand why the Free Comics have dead links. All pay site?

My son is also into Ninjago...and Adventure Time...and Chima (ugh)

David Bird

rubber spoon

Postby David Bird » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:18 pm

A footnote to this:

My daughter is a lot more flexible than many kids when it comes to her bedtime routine, but there is one fixture you can count on: she has a collection of stuffed bunnies and she always sleeps with one of her bunnies. If she gets up and comes to our room, the night's bunny comes with her.

Yesterday I was in my local and saw they had a little, stuffed Fionna doll. I bought it and brought it home to her. Last night Fionna replaced the bunnies. No new toy has ever done that. She came to our room later, and Fionna came with her.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:27 pm

CountD wrote:
hey.

How does that site work. I checked it out quickly and I don't understand why the Free Comics have dead links. All pay site?

My son is also into Ninjago...and Adventure Time...and Chima (ugh)

Sorry for the late response. Ive never used the online site but have been buying the individual trades. My son loves the ninjag books and is into Avengers TV version comic.

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:31 pm

David Bird wrote:A footnote to this:

My daughter is a lot more flexible than many kids when it comes to her bedtime routine, but there is one fixture you can count on: she has a collection of stuffed bunnies and she always sleeps with one of her bunnies. If she gets up and comes to our room, the night's bunny comes with her.

Yesterday I was in my local and saw they had a little, stuffed Fionna doll. I bought it and brought it home to her. Last night Fionna replaced the bunnies. No new toy has ever done that. She came to our room later, and Fionna came with her.

Thats great. My daughter was very close to buying Dark Phoenix POP! Figure. Insteadi convinced her to try the Fionna & Cake comic based on your feedback.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:33 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Loltron has kids???? Jesus christ the machines are evolving!!!!!!!! :shock:

:lol:

bkthomson

Rain Partier

Postby bkthomson » Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:37 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Loltron has kids???? Jesus christ the machines are evolving!!!!!!!! :shock:

What do you think occurs when you "plug" in a jump drive into your computer, you are sticking your stick in it.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:08 am

bkthomson wrote:
Sorry for the late response. Ive never used the online site but have been buying the individual trades. My son loves the ninjag books and is into Avengers TV version comic.

ninjag?

leave a comment with facebook