Advertisement

The Week in Comics 1/30/09

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 209 posts

The Week in Comics 1/30/09

Postby LOLtron » Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:46 am

Welcome to week two of The Week In Comics and the first week to be on the front page of The Outhouse (woot!). Let's get down to business: Image 

Finally Over Crisis - This week saw the final issue of Final Crisis released and it went out pretty much like the previous issues did; with its head up its metaphysical ass. Not much of it made sense due to it constantly rushing between scenes and things that were quickly added were quickly dropped and vice versa. Hopefully, DC keeps its promise and this event will be the final Crisis for a while.

I would say more but I figure most of you heard enough people bitching about this mini-series.

Irredeemable: Good or Bad? - BOOM! Studios has announced that Mark Waid (Kingdom Come, Fantastic Four, Amazing Spider-Man) is going to be penning the new series Irredeemable about a superhero who decides to go evil (source). From the sounds of things, it sounds like it should be an interesting story but Waid did write the aforementioned Kingdom Come which I thought was on the preachy side. Either way, it's nice to see independent companies shaking things up with the superhero genre.

Quick Hits -
The Final Poster of Watchmen - Simple yet stylized. I don't feel that it tells people who don't know the story what makes it different than other comic book movies though. Click on image to enlarge. 

Aquaman's Return - In the pages of Final Crisis, Aquaman supposedly returns and I do find it funny that it's in his classic costume rather than the most recent one.

Anyways, not much this week but if there's anything you want to see me rant and rave about until I turn into Lou Ferrigno, send me an e-mail at theouthousers@yahoo.com or send me a PM on this site.

Also, expect to see my new monthly column reviewing music albums early February.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand