Advertisement

GLX's Side Dishes 2/20/09

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 163 posts

GLX's Side Dishes 2/20/09

Postby LOLtron » Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:41 am

ImageGLX is giving you cats a some sides to go along with your blue plates.               Ghost Rider #32  Image
“You’re talking about wagering the fates of all these people and the billions of souls in Heaven and perhaps the future of our entire plane of existence on the outcome of a single motorcycle race?” That line sums up the crazy tone of this issue. A battle between the last Ghost Riders and Zadkiel's cronies, Johnny Blaze and Danny Ketch going at it, and a fucked up sheriff make this issue jam packed. Tan Eng Huat's art may not be for everyone, but it looks great here. 8* out 10* Uncanny X-Men #506 ImageThis issue continues this comic's hot streak since the X-Men moved to San Francisco. Colossus shines with some cool moments of his own. Equally impressive is Beast's science crew who tangle with some wild creatures. The Dodson clan bring their A game with some excellent line work. There's a little bit that feels a bit lacking from the last arc, though. All things considered,  this comic is solid as hell. 8* out of 10*   Tiny Titans #13 ImageFirst off, let me say that this is one of DC's best titles. That being said, this issue felt a bit stale to me. The foundation is solid, but it didn't really get to me as issue #12 did. The art is still a joy look at, though. 7* out of 10*         Side Dish on the House! Scott Pilgrim vol. 5: Scott Pilgrim vs. the Universe ImageNow this is why I love comics. It features some funny bits, but the main thing that this graphic novel delivers is heartbreak. For long time readers of this series, there are two moments that will bring the pain. All rendered in spectacular fashion. The next volume can not come soon enough. Another fantastic volume by Bryan Lee O'Malley. 9* out of 10*

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand