Advertisement

Rant Downs: I Hate American Idol

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 208 posts

Rant Downs: I Hate American Idol

Postby LOLtron » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:02 pm

I HATE American Idol!!There is the obvious stuff… the music sucks, the singers are boring, and they have no talent…  I could go on and on.  The whole point of the show is to find the next big music star - and how well have they done so far?  Really only one person has found [...]Image

I HATE American Idol!!

There is the obvious stuff… the music sucks, the singers are boring, and they have no talent…  I could go on and on.  The whole point of the show is to find the next big music star - and how well have they done so far?  Really only one person has found any sort of long term success - Kelly Clarkson.  But I digress, as it is not my purpose to ruminate on the status of mainstream music since I think its a complete waste of time usually (almost as bad as sports).

Mainly this show more than anything just makes me sad, because it reinforces the idea that Americans have given up on new, interesting music.  Instead they enjoy listening to these cardboard cutouts sing the same songs over and over, week after week.  Radio is the same, station after station play the same stale songs that they have been playing for a really long time.

The show premiered the same year that Bush II took office.  Bush is gone and I want this show gone too.

Posted originally: 2009-03-10 23:02:19

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand